What's new

Best picture in a ~US$200 DVD player (1 Viewer)

MattDur

Auditioning
I have a Boxlight 1HD – same as a Sanyo Z1 – projector. I’m in search of a DVD payer, with about C$300 [US$200 ?] to spend. I want to get the best quality picture for the money.

I’m a little upset by the 1HD’s strange breaking up or funny quilt-like pattern I see during panning scenes over uniform colour images [esp. visible in animated DVDs] with my current Sony 300 DVD player [dunno the exact model]. Not sure if this Sony 300 model is prog scan, but maybe a prog scan player would eliminate that?

I’m searching through the archives as we speak, and would like any suggestions. Thx.

Wilson_Wang

Auditioning
Looks to me that your units does not have DVI input, but has component input and it supports 1080i and 720p. The best DVD player for your unit will be one that supports 1080i/720p via component video. The Liteon 1001 and 2001 will be a good one but they are no longer available. The Dreamx 108 might be another one, but I read that it will not play protected DVD at 1080i via the component video. Hope new firmware will fix their problem. The other option will be to go on audiogon.com and search for the V inc Bravo D1 player. Someone is selling them with hack that will allow 1080i via component video output. But make sure you do not ask for region free because some DVD will only play on players with region 1.

Good luck

MattDur

Auditioning
Thanks very much for the info Wilson.

I'm wondering if the Denon DVD 1200 has this capability [supports 1080i/720p via component video]. ?? Or the Denon DVD 1600 maybe?

--Matt

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
No, no DVD players now support upconversion to 1080i or 720p on component video. But 480p is fine, thats all the DVD source material is encoded at! The DVD-1600 would be your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks