What's new

Best Movie With The Worst Music?? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
In honor of the new dvd release of Scarface, i thought i'd pose this question....What's your pick for the best movie you've seen with the worst music...it can be scored music or pre-recorded....I would definitely say Scarface...that "Take It To The Limit" song is soooo awful...I don't mind the scored music but the rest.....

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
I find those songs very cheesy and funny. In fact, I just downloaded "I'm Hot Tonight" off of Kazaa. :D

I'd have to nominate Halloween 2... while it's basically the same music from the original, they changed it by making it more synthesizer-oriented... and it's horrible. I have grown accustomed to it for my love of the movie, but other than that I hate the score.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's actually "Push It To The Limit".

Hey, I thought that song was cool.....in the context of Grand Theft Auto III.

:D

Seriously, I vote..... I don't know at the moment. :frowning:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'll almost certainly be alone in this one.

I really love The Third Man.
And I love the Harry Lime Theme played by Anton Karas on the zither.

BUT...

They just do not seem to match up on film. The Third Man is a wonderfully dark film noir. The score sounds rather bright and cheerful and fun. I find it jarring every time I watch it.

But, as I say, it's not "the worst music" as the thread title says. It's just music that I personally find a poor match for the film (and I know most people will disagree).

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
I'll go with Ladyhawke . I think it's a terrific movie (one of my favorite fantasy flicks), but the music by Alan Parsons just doesn't fit.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
13th Warrior. I love the movie but for some reason the music just dosen't work for me. It makes some of the scenes that could have been great feel mediocre.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I know I will be alone here, but almost all the Tarentino films, I love the movies but man do the music choices suck in my opinion. The only exception for the most part is True romance, which overall was pretty damn good.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Ladyhawke gets top honors. A pretty good movie ruined by a cheeseball soundtrack.
Another vote for Ladyhawke. The atrociously dated score has kept me from owning this otherwise great movie. Was Alan Parsons the original choice, or was this another case of The Suits making a stupid decision based on demographics and marketing?

Matthew_S

Second Unit
what about Highlander? I forgot about that one...the music for that is pretty awful. And Matthew...mismatched music is what i mean also.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Matthew, you're not alone in finding the zither music in "The Third Man" disconcerting. I'm getting more and more used to it every time I watch the film, but it used to bother me quite a bit. I felt like a philistine since it is so prominently featured in the credits and also so praised by reviewers, but hey, to each their own. It's still one of my favorite movies. The scene with Harry Lime
leaning out from the shadows, giving us our first look at him, is a classic moment.

todd stone

Screenwriter
"what about Highlander? I forgot about that one...the music for that is pretty awful"

no way, QUEEN was awesome music for Highlander.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wow, I was going to come in and bust out my favorite "worst score in a good film" choice Ladyhawk but I see that I am definitely not alone in my dislike for Parson's extremely out of place score.

Couldn't disagree more about Vangelis' outstanding BladeRunner score...to each his own I suppose but I simply couldn't think of this film without that groundbreaking soundtrack.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Alan Parsons did NOT compose the score for Donner's awful Ladyhawke film. The music was composed, orchestrated and conducted by Andrew Powell. Parsons is only credited as being "Music score producer".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks