What's new

Directors Best movie to put you to sleep (1 Viewer)

Bryon_M

Grip
Sunday afternoon I was flipping through the channels and saw 2010 was on bravo. Next thing I know it's an hour and half later and then I hear the oh so familar closing music.

So what movie is guarenteed to cure your insomnia?

for me it's definetly 2001/2010 and even though I love the film, bladerunner seems to always send me off to dream land.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Two recent films that put me to sleep: Gladiator and The Musketeer. Yawn...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Once I rented The Sicilian. Long movie, as I recall. Deepest sleep I ever experienced. Saw about the first minute, woke up to a blank screen.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I was supposed to read Gone With The Wind during the summer in high school and decided to wacfh the movie instead.

I tried 3 times and never made it more than 15 minutes into it before falling alseep

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I was put to sleep by Lawrence of Arabia once, but after re-examining it in glorious 70MM at the Senator, it has become one of my favorite films.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Fantasia - This is one of my all-time favorite films but I always listen to classical music at bedtime, so whenever I watch this I become very relaxed and usually start to drift off somewhere during the Pastoral segment.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Funny you should mention that. Fantasia is the only film I've ever slept through in a theater. It was an anniversary showing at Coolidge Corner in Boston, preceded by a (very) dry lecture about the history of the film.

But, I dig Fantasia and F2000.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I fell asleep at my first viewing of Fellowship of the Ring. Wasnt a good idea to see a 3 hour movie that didnt start until 11:15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks