What's new

Best Melons I've ever had (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
This year, melons of all variety have turned out ripe and delicious.

I've eaten watermelons, canteloupes, and honeydew - all have been impossibly sweet, explosively juicy and ripe.

In recent years, my appreciation of melons has soured - unripe, tasteless, and worst of all, dry.

But this summer's crop has become the vintage of the decade, if not the century. An article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune confirmed my suspicions.

Plus, the sale pricing, at least here in the Twin Cities, has been good as of late - large watermelons, even seedless on sale for $2 to $3.

So if you're like me and have had bad experiences with melons, go out and try them again. You'll find it a completely refreshing taste.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I forget what kind of Melon this is, but it's got a bright yellow skin and it's not round or smooth. It actually reminds me of the outside of a coconut - not the fuzzy brown outside, the outside part like the ones Tom Hanks was trying to smash open on the rocks in "Cast Away".

Anyways, that particular melon was SWEET!!!!! Good stuff.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Must ... not ... make ... breast ... joke ...

Oh what the heck. Anyone see Queer Eye for the Straight Guy last night? Best mellons I've come across in a looonnngg time.

(waiting for mod...)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Bright yellow....coconut. Could it be a Crenshaw?

I tried Pluots for the first time, yummy!! They're supposedly a cross between a plun and an apricot but whatever they are, I found them on sale for cheaper than the plums and bought a couple and my, they were great!

Jay

Seth--L

Screenwriter
The best melons I've ever had were the ones I grew myself:

Nothing beats fruit fresh from the vine.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Well fellas, let me tell you about the best melons I've ever had if you know what I'm saying. Let's just say that the girl was a real good sport about her melons if you get my drift. Seriously. She gave me like 5 melons for half price. I've shopped at the same melon stand ever since.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Whoa hey Nathan. Let's not jump to conclusions here. I was merely complimenting the guys on their pictures of various melons. It really helped me understand what they were talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks