What's new

Best looking movie actor [SHOWN BY IMAGE] (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Grace Kelly was always my favorite, but I don't think anyone's ever looked better in a movie than this woman did when she wore this dress in The Killers:

If you check out Grindhouse, you'll find out that Tarantino seems to think that Rose McGowan looks like her. I don't quite see it, although this picture I found does kind of suggest it:

And of course the aforementioned Kate Beckinsale looked mighty nice when she played her in The Aviator.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
All good mentions here, but Audrey Hepburn appeals to me on a totally different level. More admiration of beauty than sexual attraction, if that makes any sense.

And then there's Cyd Charisse in Singin' In the Rain...

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Cyd was indeed a stunner, but that's Singin' in The Rain (she wasn't in An American in Paris).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Audrey was the kind of whom who inspired oohs and aahs about how lovely she was, but she didn't exactly get the motor revving. Yes, she was beautiful, but in an abstract way that I sometimes think appeals more to women than to men...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If only you were around when I had to defend myself from being constantly teased by my friends for my obsession. :) Ultimately I explained it in coarser terms by saying no one wants to do a princess. ;)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Ava Gardner....another beauty.

There could be a need for a thread disclaimer: Images are closer than they appear...please be advised. :D

Emmanuelle Beart...

William Holden...

Kim Novak...

Sophia Loren...

Catherine Zeta Jones...

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Those pics of Katherine Heigl are some of my all time favs from Maxim, always had a major thing for that freakin' girl!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I'm just getting into Grey's Anatomy right now and her being on the show is a big plus for me.

Here's some more that I forgot...

Get a load of the mug on this woman! :eek:...

Aishwarya Rai

Madchen Amick

Julie Delpy

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
In terms of actors:

Denzel has long been a favorite. He has a timeless look.

My celebrity boyfriend (even though I am straight) would have to be:

A bit non-traditional, and he can certainly sport some weird looks, but he's my current favorite male.

As for the women, my all-time favorite was:

My current favorite:

And I agree with Tim...classically, Grace Kelly cannot be beaten :) I have to also agree that Audrey Hepburn transcends normal discussion of beauty.

For classic men, I remember seeing pictures of a young Gregory Peck and Marlon Brando. They were beautiful as well.

For me anyways, as you can tell, talent elevates physical beauty :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
How could I have forgotten Kate Winslett. :crazy:...

Good choice on Denzel. One of those "men's men".

Errol Flynn too...Classic good looks.

Many years ago after I first saw The Bishops Wife I had a HUGE crush on Loretta Young. Her calming presence and voice. Wow.

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
As far as men, I have always liked the look of Edward Norton, but only when he has no or very little facial hair.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My male picks:

Hugh Jackman

Christian Bale

Gregory Peck and Hepburn made a great couple. I think of all Hepburn's pairings this one made the most sense.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This may be the greatest thread to ever grace cyberspace. :cool:

Two of my favorite brunettes...

Mila Kunis (reminds me of a more refined and perfected Angelina Jolie who's looks I find to be too severe at times)

And of course this thread wouldn't be complete without...

Rachel Weisz

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, I hate to admit this because it sounds so shallow but ever since Salma did Frida I just can't get that unibrow she had in that film out of my head, it sort of wrecked it for me.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, if you're going to be shallow, this is the best thread for it! ;)

Josh.C

Second Unit
Well, you guys have done a pretty good job on hitting the must haves. For my money, it would be hard to find a more beautiful woman than Kate Beckinsale or Jennifer Connely. Both modern day beauties that transcend the time gap (classic looking ladies), and are every bit as beautiful as Grace Kelly and Audrie Hepburn IMO.

For pure sex appeal how can you beat Katherine Heigl. Good Gracious Man, did you see those pictures. If looks could kill, she'd be a Nuclear Warhead!

One I'm surprised I didn't see is Elizabeth Hurley. One of the hottest British actresses around today.

P.S. Tim, how have we gone this far without you mentioning your mancrush, Brandon Routh????

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks