What's new

Best innexpensive IR Repeater (1 Viewer)

JasonMcN

Auditioning
Looking for an IR repeater for $100 or less. I need to control 4 different items behind closed cabinets. Are some of these better than others. Is there a good place to buy them on the internet? I bought one for my house from a local Home Theater place for about $100. Now they are selling them for about $200. My parents want one for their house but don't want to spend that much money.

Thanks,

Jason

tom derby

Agent
i got a xantech kit that comes with the receiver, block, power supply and 4 emitters for about $80. it works just fine. check out www.asihome.com I think thats where i got mine from.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Go with the Xantec stuff that Tom suggested.

I have used the Pyramid shaped RF devices from X10, and a RS equivalent. Both are finicky as hell. I sh*t canned it in favor of Xantec stuff, which works perfectly, every time.

BGL

JasonMcN

Auditioning
Thanks everyone. I think the Xantech is the one I have at home. I just didn't pull it from behind the cabinet to check. It's amazing the difference in price from the local store to the internet. Over $100 in savings.

Thanks,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks