What's new

Best HT setup for 600$ (1 Viewer)

Sandra B.

Grip
A friend is going to buy a unexpensive HT setup, his budget is about 600$. Here it is:
- Yamaha RXV-430
- JBL SCS-135SI speakers
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...Id=SCS&sCatId=
¿Is there better options of speakers for this receiver and for this price? If that JBL speakers are good ones, ¿it's worth de difference of money to pick the SCS-150? I have about two weeks to advise him before hi buys this package.
Thanks.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
for $600, i'd go w/ a Panasonic HE1000 receiver ($225 online), the $200 speaker package from fluance, and a sony wm40 ($150 online) or jbl pb10 ($180 online) sub. This would be a far superior setup. He could also purchase the $70 center channel from fluance later, shift the packaged fluance center to the rear, and have a 6.1 setup.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That is the system I am going to be ordering.

Shipping, though, raises the price. The
shipping at etronics of the SA-WM40 is $35, the JBL NSP1 is $35 and that for the Pioneer 811S is $32, so that raises it by another $100.

The SA-WM40 looks to be $190 at Best Buy, and a new one just opened up nearby me and they are offering 10% one item, so I think I'll get that in person and order the rest from Etronics.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Strangely enough, when I was looking at etronics earlier this week, I could ahve sworn the shipping charges added up just like I noted above, but just now they add up to less.

Weird. So, maybe I'll get all three parts from them.

Neil

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Etronics has always low prices, but they kind of get you with the shipping, but when you purchase many stuff, the shipping doesnt raise that much, maybe you should make a test with all your stuff, and see if you are below $100

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It turned out to be $70 shipping for all of those items. On the net there was a "coupon code" called SURF which gives you a free Home Theater Care Kit with your order, so you might want to remember that when ordering. It has some items which may be of use or may not.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks