What's new

best home theatre for private home cinema (1 Viewer)

mithcol

Auditioning
Real Name
leo
Hi, Ive come to this forum seeking knowledgeable opinion on home theater systems. My dad is looking for a ready home cinema system that he can buy and have set up in his new house. The price will not matter as he spent over 50 million dollars on the house. The theater room is approximately 25square meteres (250 square feet) any suggestions or useful resources are greatly appreciated, thank you

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Whenever I hear "the price will not matter" then the best thing to do is contact two or three local custom intallers and see what they have to say. Personally, I'd love to hear some Revel Ultima's and an Arcam pre-pro but you've entered my dream world. Not the best place to get advice from :) . http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/42 http://www.hometheater.com/content/revel-ultima2-salon2-speaker-system

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
he spent over 50 million dollars on the house
Then he can hire someone to install a custom home theater with 24K gold seats. My guess is the OP messed up the conversion to US dollars. If not, then my first statement stands.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
gene c said:
Whenever I hear "the price will not matter" then the best thing to do is contact two or three local custom intallers and see what they have to say. Personally, I'd love to hear some Revel Ultima's and an Arcam pre-pro but you've entered my dream world. Not the best place to get advice from :) . http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/42 http://www.hometheater.com/content/revel-ultima2-salon2-speaker-system
Personally, a Krell Evolution 707 at $30K followed by 7 x McIntosh MC2K monoblocs at $35k each, and though the Revel Salon2 at $20k a pair are nice, I'd probably go with B&W 800 Diamonds ($24k a pair) or B&W Nautilus for $50k a pair. Round it out with a couple of Wilson Thor Hammer subs ($20k+ each) and the place would be a rocking!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've heard the monoblocks from Boulder Amp and they are unbelievable when connected to the Eggleston Savoy's. They were $45,000 each. Speakers were $55,000 / pair. I'd upgrade to the Ivy model for $125,000 / pair. Pay me $40k and I'll make Thor's Hammer run away with his tail between his legs. The driver pictured below is built by MCA Labs, the same company that supplies the Titanic like to Parts Express. If that basket combination looks familiar, Memphis Audio used it on their speakers. There's nothing special about it other than high moving mass due to the extremely long voice coil former that is needed. Some TC Sounds LMS 5400 18's and a pair of Lab Gruppen amps will have more output with far less distortion.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
...25 best speakers of all time. Hogwash! Where's my Swan Diva's or Infinity Beta's :confused: .................................................;) I'll still take the Revel Salon2's :) .

mithcol

Auditioning
Real Name
leo
Thank you all for your input. The thing about Russia (where we are currently) is you can never really trust the locals to find the best hardware at the best price. Most of the time they wont do a good job of picking out the best technology and they will jack up the price to an unbelievable amount just because we would be getting it from locals. Another idea I had was how about I pay one of the people on this forum to hand pick all of the equipment for me. Or is there another place where I can find a very qualified individual that can put this theatre together for me? Then after all the main parts are here we can just hire a local installer to only do the installation. I can provide this individual with all the information they might need about the theater. Thanks again

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
mithcol said:
Another idea I had was how about I pay one of the people on this forum to hand pick all of the equipment for me.
Good thing you aren't a Nigerian prince or I would be suspicious of this post.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Pick me! Pick me! Of course I would like cash up front :) BTW, who only has a 15' x 15' "home theater" in a 50 million dollar home. My modest home has a 24' x 18' home theater room and I do not have any equipment in there valued over $4k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks