Best HD Direct TV Sat. Receiver

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by baja, Apr 21, 2003.

1. baja

baja Agent

I am going to be in the market for a HD Direct TV Sat. receiver in the very near future. What is the best HD Sat receiver out there and why. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. baja

baja Agent

Anyone[​IMG]

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    There is no "best". Find one or more with the features you want and read about their quirks. All of the newer ones have DVI connectors but they cost more. (The new Sony and Zenith are the SAME receiver except the Sony is $100 more) If your TV doesn't have DVI, then you can go with an older, less expensive model like the Hughes E-86. The "best" may be coming out around the end of the year: the Hughes HD DVR power by Tivo.

-Robert

4. baja

baja Agent

Thanks Robert! It is for a new HDRPTV, either Mit Plat 55 or Pioneer Pro 530, I haven't decided yet.

Doesn't the Zenith have some remote features that the Sony does not? Also when you say the "same" reciever does that mean the same company builds them for both Sony and Zenith?

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

6. baja

baja Agent

Thanks again Rob. Please pardon my ignorance, this HD stuff is all new to me. I believe the Pioneer does not have the receiver built in, is that correct. I also heard that the Pioneer has a better line doubler and stretch modes but the may be redundant again. Any help here is very much appreciated.

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert