What's new

Directors Best Fried Chicken Restaurant (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm from the South, so hey, sue me. :D
I love fried chicken. That's the only explanation for why I'm 30 pounds overweight. Funny thing is, I don't have a gargantuan gut. But that's besides the point. I'm trying to get a gauge of some of the best fried chicken restaurants across the U.S. I'm due for a road trip anyways.
Popeye's
- Love their spicy new orleans style chicken. I think they also have the best sides.
KFC
- I only go here because they're relatively cheap. Their original recipe is pretty good, but their crispy is seasoned wrong somehow. Just doesn't taste right.
Lee's Famous Recipe
- I love them to death, but unfortunately, they're beginning to go out of business everywhere I look.
Know any other good fried chicken restaurants?

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Popeye's is tops. I just had some this weekend! I love that stuff.

KFC original recipe is good sometimes... it's better after it's been in the fridge for a while, IMO. The extra crispy is usually lousy. If you go to a KFC in a lower-class neighborhood, they often have spicy crispy instead of extra crispy... and the spicy crispy is kickass.

KFC has better biscuits too, but Popeye's biscuits are certainly passable.

I've never heard of Lee's. Is Church's still around? I can't think of any others.

Jim Ed

Agent
The Brooksires here in Red Oak, does cheap chicken great. I can not stand the Church's in the Gas Station at the highway. However I think my Mon's is the best.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
We used to have Popeye's Chicken all over the place in Philly, but they're fairly extinct by now. I LOVE their spicy chicken!!!!
I used to love Roy Rogers chicken as well, but they've all transformed into Boston Markets around here...and then they go out of business.
Which leaves KFC. Not bad. A bit too expensive, IMO.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I used to get Church's when I lived in Atlanta (back in '97), but now I like the local fried chicken place in my town.

It's called "The Village Restaurant" and their fried chicken is actually quite good. The seasoning isn't too spicy and they don't put an insane amount of batter on the chicken. They let the oil drain a little to keep the chicken from being too greasy.

They have a good cole slaw, BTW.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Popeye's and KFC are both really good in my book. I'd probably give the edge to Popeye's because I have it far less often and it has been better with consistence. :)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Popeyes is my favorite....then Bojangles but that's only on the east coast/in the south and Church's.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Popeye's... mmmmmmmm.

Banquet has pretty good frozen spicy chicken.

I've grown sick of KFC's chicken. I do like their sides.

~T

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Out of fast food, Popeye's. KFC's around here are reprehensible.

But all fast food pales in comparison to my wife's grandmother's, a true old fashioned southern woman.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Is it my imagination, or is KFC a lot greasier than they were 10-15 years ago? I can hardly eat that stuff anymore.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Bubba’s has some of the best fried chicken in Dallas. Their sides and rolls are great too.

Located on Hillcrest, just across from SMU.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Dome must really have an addiction to Fried Chicken.
Why else would he recall a thread that has been dead for a year and a half!
:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks