What's new

Best DVD player at Best Buy? (1 Viewer)

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
So, I've got $75 in gift certificates for BB and I need a DVD player for video only. Even beyond $75, what is the best current player at BB?

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
The $75 to $150 dvd player range changes all the time there and I'm sure region to region. Do you need progressive output?

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
I would suggest any of the panasonic or phillips brands. I noticed several for under a hundred dollars that come with progressive scan (future proof for no extra money). The one important item you might consider is whether the player will take a 16:9 image and partially stretch it to fit your 4:3 screen without distorting it enough to notice. I had a friend who LOVES this feature since she uses a 20" t.v. and found unadulterated 16:9 images too small to watch. Good Luck

SvenS

Second Unit
See if any of the BB's by you have a Panasonic RP62 (without a "b" in the serial number) still in stock. These are the best $100 players out there and have the much better Sage deinterlacing chip that all the new Panasonics do not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks