What's new

Best Disc you purchased by internet reccomendation? (1 Viewer)

Jay_J

Agent
Real Name
JJ
Thank you to Rachael B from this forum for recommending the Will Boulware & Rainbow, "Harmony" sacd from Eighty-Eights Records. I purchased it and his second sacd, "Over Crystal Green". If you like fusion jazz combined with a little r&b, this recordings is stunning both in sound and content.

Jay

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to John Kotches, the Big Phat Band: XXL. I liked it so much I just ordered their first on DVD-A.
Jeff

Related story, I decided to upgrade my center channel to the Maggie CC3. XXL was one of the disks I took to the shop to demo the speaker. While I was listening, the guys that work there took the case and were writing down all the information. They liked it so much they wanted to get a copy for their demo room.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'll thank Tommy for recommending the Suitcase Pimps' LOVE IS GRAND SACD. I've gotten so much mileage out of it:) I've wondered if Tommy is a band member???? It's a bitchin' album. Go indies, go!

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Kudos to Miss Rach for Jorma's fine SACD "Blue Country Heart"

Also to Rich Malloy for "Alison Krauss + Union Station - Live"

And to Mike B. for numerous jazz recommendations but especially...

"Kind Of Blue" and "A Love Supreme" Most excellent.

And...in another recent post, whoever said The Bad Plus - "These Are The Vistas" wonderful jazz CD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks