What's new

Best deal on BTTF Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
So these on-line companies are really making extra profit. They're charging us sales tax, but then not paying it to the respective states
It's not an extra profit. The tax money is supposed to go to the proper state. Who told you that they aren't paying the states?

DJ

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It's not an extra profit. The tax money is supposed to go to the proper state. Who told you that they aren't paying the states?
I was referring to Malcolm R's line above, "when it comes down to states and collecting sales taxes, they ain't!".

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My reference was to Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com being separate businesses. They often like to use this argument at customer service desk if you try and return/exchange something you've purchased on-line. If they were legitimately separate businesses, BB.com would not charge sales tax and whether or not there was a BB store in your state would be irrelevant. Where the state tax departments are concerned, BB and BB.com are one and the same.
As far as Columbia House, yes they must have offices and warehouses somewhere, but they should not be collecting sales taxes in states where they have no presence, which is probably the vast majority of the country. I'm tempted to contact my state tax department and see if I can find out whether CH is submitting the state the sales taxes they're collecting from me everytime I order.
Now, where were we. Best price on BTTF? Probably Amazon.ca. Canadian dollars, no taxes, on-line coupons. :TU: :D

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it is true that BTTF shows up on the bb.com site at $39.99. However, if you have it on pre-order, check the order status with that title. The final price shows up as $33.99 (see my order status below). Since their pre-order policy is to match the lowest advertised Best Buy price (in store or on-line) for on-line pre-orders, I can only assume they've decided to price it at $33.99 . . . True, there is tax on the title, but at least you'll have it before the New Year which may not be the case for amazon.ca

Order Date 10/24/2002
Qty.
Online Price
Final Price
Total
Back To Future: Complete Trilogy (3 Disc) Ws
$39.99
$33.99
$33.99

Star Wars Episode 2: Attack Of Clones Ws
Shipped on 11/7/2002
$19.99
$15.99
$15.99

Spider-Man (2 Disc) Ws & Special Edition
Shipped on 10/29/2002
$16.99
$14.99
$14.99

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
The $33.99 price is due to the fact that BestBuy had a %15 off sale on box sets last Saturday. You had to have ordered it on Saturday or before to get that price. I doubt this is the final price for the set. This is a guess but I think BestBuy will have it for $29.99.

I'm too picky to buy boxsets online. I must inspect the packaging. I'd be horrified if my set arrived with a big dent in one of the corners.... :)

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
At hollywood video we are getting them in tomorrow. The sale price is $39.99. Take off 20% and it's 31.99. That's only two dollars more than what best buy might have it for and I get it a week early. If you know anyone who works at a hollywood video talk to them. They will be getting the set tomorrow(along with Minority Report and Unfaithful).

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I'm sure it will be cheap, it's $39.99 cdn at futureshop online, thats $27.20 USD! Amazon.ca has it for $43.99 So about $29, great deal!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder, please don't post the names of stores that break the street date (in the USA) of DVD releases.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
For my felloew Canadians keep you eye open. When you get your weekly local newspaper you may get a little "shopper" like flyer. You know sells some crap, and has the odd coupon for new products.

Well I got a $5 off coupon for the trilogy just last week.

Brent

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
Well, kinda. My store is running a 20% off boxsets until Dec. 19th. Add that to my employee discount (20%) and I'll get it for just a little over 20 dollars. I don't know if all stores are doing this.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Can anyone confirm the bi-lingual packaging on the Canadian version? I wont be able to watch the movies on Tuesday anyway, so I dont mind getting them lets say friday after my exams(:angry: :angry: ). If anyone can confirm this I would be most grateful.
thx, l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Dave S.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
I can deal with the bi-lingual packaging, but I'm curious about two things, one still about the packaging:
Is the Canadian bi-lingual packaging the blue cases or is it the alternate artwork that's been posted? I prefer the Canadian cover to the US, so bi-lingual is a small price to pay.
But most importantly, do the discs themselves contain the exact same extras, transfers, etc.?
Thanks in advance for any info.:)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd buy it at $29.99. I'll probably buy it even if I had to pay more. But $29.99 is the price where I wouldn't really care if it turned out a little cheaper elsewhere, after I bought it.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot, if it was $100 I'd buy it. That's how excited I am about it. I think it'll be between $25-$35 at the most first week anyway.

Only 5 1/2 days left!

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
I just found out that Best Buy is going to have it for $37.99. The only place where you can get it cheaper is Costco or Sam's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks