What's new

Best camera for $200-300 (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a new camera for around $200-300. An automatic, compact one with time/date print and a good zoom. I'm not looking for much, just a good one with those features. Recommend some or perhaps tell me ones to avoid. Give me suggestion of what to look out for. Thanks.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
SLR, point & shoot or APS ?
I researched cameras just recently as I start a photog class this week and you really can't go wrong w/ a Nikon N65 QD (quartz date). It's right in your price range, which is entry-level 35mm SLR. Comparable models are the Canon Rebel EOS Rebel, Minolta Maxxum 5 or QTSi. The "kits" usually include a lens that usually ~25mm-80mm zoom. The guy at the camera shop said the entry level stuff is all basically the same camera but my instructor told me to avoid Minolta, I think.
I ended up getting a Nikon N80 QD cuz it had some more advanced features I might want later.
check out Link Removed if you want to buy online (I didn't cuz I wanted a local vendor if something goes wrong).
[Edited last by Tom Meyer on October 22, 2001 at 01:23 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks