Best Buy's Return Policy for DVD Players?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Don Black, May 28, 2003.

1. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I'm looking to surprise my best friend with a portable (LCD built-in) DVD player for his birthday. Since I've got a gift certificate from Best Buy, I figured I would use it up. However, my friend is a gadget guru and might already have one. Does anyone know what BB's return policy is on portable DVD players? Do they charge a restocking fee if I open the box and set it up? Thanks.

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

everytime I've tried to return something there its been a big hassle oh lets check this and check that etc, and really seem to make it impossible to return something unless they can prove somethings wrong with it. But thats just been my experience.

3. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Ah...Thanks. I wasn't sure if they did something weird like classify portable DVD players - b/c of the LCD - as laptops or something.

5. David Materazzi

I returned a dvd there because after watching it one time it did not play. They gave us a song and a dance. They put it in the dvd player and tried it. Then they said they did not have it in stock and I would have to try back in a few days. In the meanwhile the girl put a sticker on the plastic when my wife walked in and could not remove it. Digging her fingernails into it. It looked like hell when she brought it back home. I told her we better get a new copy,because we did not ruin the case the girl that worked at Best Buy did. A few days later my wife tried again and we got a new dvd.
    Best Buy's customer service sucks.....
    Just be careful when it comes to them.

6. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

I took back a Daewoo DVD/VCR Combo back to Best Buy after i opened it and used it for a week. No problems with it except that the zoom function kept this graph on the screen everytime it was used and it would not go away. I brought it back in the original carton with all the accessories and they credited my credit card back the instant I returned it. I bought a Zenith model instead at Best Buy the same day.