What's new

Best Buy's Return Policy for DVD Players? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm looking to surprise my best friend with a portable (LCD built-in) DVD player for his birthday. Since I've got a gift certificate from Best Buy, I figured I would use it up. However, my friend is a gadget guru and might already have one. Does anyone know what BB's return policy is on portable DVD players? Do they charge a restocking fee if I open the box and set it up? Thanks.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
everytime I've tried to return something there its been a big hassle oh lets check this and check that etc, and really seem to make it impossible to return something unless they can prove somethings wrong with it. But thats just been my experience.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what BB's return policy is on portable DVD players? Do they charge a restocking fee if I open the box and set it up?
I am pretty sure that their return policy is 30 days on electronics purchases, no matter if they are closed or open. As for them giving you crap on a return, I wouldn't pay them any attention.

J

Don Black

Screenwriter
Ah...Thanks. I wasn't sure if they did something weird like classify portable DVD players - b/c of the LCD - as laptops or something.

I returned a dvd there because after watching it one time it did not play. They gave us a song and a dance. They put it in the dvd player and tried it. Then they said they did not have it in stock and I would have to try back in a few days. In the meanwhile the girl put a sticker on the plastic when my wife walked in and could not remove it. Digging her fingernails into it. It looked like hell when she brought it back home. I told her we better get a new copy,because we did not ruin the case the girl that worked at Best Buy did. A few days later my wife tried again and we got a new dvd.
Best Buy's customer service sucks.....
Just be careful when it comes to them.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I took back a Daewoo DVD/VCR Combo back to Best Buy after i opened it and used it for a week. No problems with it except that the zoom function kept this graph on the screen everytime it was used and it would not go away. I brought it back in the original carton with all the accessories and they credited my credit card back the instant I returned it. I bought a Zenith model instead at Best Buy the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks