What's new

Best Buy's New Rewards Program...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Odd that I looked at my account today and it shows 14,500 points, and the points needed to reach the next certificate level was 10,500 points. Total points so far is over 26,000 but I have only received one $5.00 coupon to date (and that is all that is shown to be earned so far!). I tried calling the hotline, but it was too late for today (damn these late baseball games! :D ). I'll try again tomorrow to find out where my other certificate is.

pradike

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked with a friend who works at BB corporate, and he told me the posted dates on someone's WEB site for a Reward Zone certificate are actually the printing order date for the certificate itself.

You can add 6-8 weeks from that date before you'll actually get it in the mail. Based on the timing of my first and subsequent certificates, plus the excpected "surge" for those who took advantage of this promotion in the very beginning - the 8 week timing is most likely.

A few may trickle through quicker...but this is the norm.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I just looked at my Reloaded receipt and now it shows that I'm 1000 or so points from my "next" certificate (I put quotes because since I had the account problem I haven't received my first certificate). So at least it looks like Best Buy corrected my account. Looking at past receipts, I see that the amount to my next certificate has always said "12,500" so that should have been a tipoff that something was wrong. Unfortunately I never read that far down on the receipt.

Well now it's time to call BB Customer Service to get my online password. They couldn't give it to me last time because my account was corrupt, but apparently it's fixed now. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I just received a statement for the period ending Aug. 31, which mentions the 3 certificates I've earned by that point. None of which I've received yet. :frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's good to see that I'm not the only one not receiving certificates. I've earned at least 2 and haven't received Jack so far. It's been close to two months since I earned the first. My account information is at home, but rest assured, I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I just checked my online account and it has on Oct 15-16 converted my points to 2 x $10 certificates and 1 x $5 certificate. I guess those should get to me fairly soon (this was a special redeeming period for me because they had had trouble with my account since I joined in July/August and had accumulated a bunch of points). So even if this were a $10 membership (which it wasn't, I got a free voucher) in 3 months I would already +$15. I'm pretty sure that next year, when my free trial runs out, I'm going to sign up again.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
This is ridiculous, I received 2 $5 certs about 2 months abo and nothing since, even though I have earned many, many more. :angry: :angry:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Still nothing. :frowning: I'm going to be very interested in seeing how much actual time will be available to redeem these once they do show up. But the way things are going, I certainly wouldn't pay for this after my free year runs out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. I'm trying not to get too hyped over this since I didn't have to pay anything to join this time, but I doubt I'll renew if this is how they run the program.

Supposedly my first $5 cert was processed on August 20. Haven't seen it yet. :frowning:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I have a Media Play card as well, they are much better getting the certs out, but their prices tend to be higher to begin with, They are my second stop after BB. MP does tend to have more smaller titles and foreign films....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay...I got *1* cert for $5 in the mail today. It proudly said that I had earned 7 certs so far! Okay, so where the f*ck are the other 5 that I haven't gotten!!! :angry:

I will wait until tomorrow to see if I get an envelope with the other five in them. If not, I will be making a very upset phone call!!

Oh, and I don't plan to pay to renew this - ahem - "service" either!! :thumbsdown:

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
This was a truly horrible idea for a program...

Well, it would be ok if people actually received their certificates. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks