What's new

Best Buy's New Rewards Program...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

KevinFord

Stunt Coordinator
David, I agree with you. The motivation should be clearly stated.

If it weren't for that, I would use my considerable credit to buy a stack of Plasma TVs and then when I got all the coupons, I would return them all and actually be able to afford to really buy one to keep. :D

Kevin

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in!

In a moment of weakness, I ended up taking home one of the cards today.

Given how many DVD's I buy each week, this is a good thing. However, I can't help shake the feeling like I've just been taken over like one of the people in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.:b

Howie

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Just remember, if you go to Best Buy with friends or family and they buy something and don't have a RZ card (and aren't getting a card), make sure the cashier scans yours. Free points. :)

I've already gotten 5500 just from purchases my sister made.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm hoping that they fix it soon, but my account says that I have 28000 points... and they have cashed them in for gift certs yet.

Ugh.

Glen

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

As noted above, they apparently aren't converting points to certificates until 30 days have passed since your qualifying 12,500th point.

This solves my query of a few days ago. I've earned lots of points recently but most are only 2-3 weeks old so I still have a couple weeks to wait until another certificate is issued.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I personally hope they don't convert until after this coming Tuesday, when I get the new releases. I am a $35 purchase away from qualifying for my 7th cert. I have 1 in hand, expiring 11/23. The other 5 are ready to be processed on the next run (they finally caught up with all the points I had to have them process manually...long story that finally involved an angry phone call and a swift response to it).

$35 in "free" money would be nice to use for that Galactica box set when it hits...

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, the site said it just processed my second and third certificates. Now, if only they would fix the problem of my missing points. I made a purchase on 8/12 that would have resulted in 10,498 points. The register couldn't access the RZ database, so I had to call the 888 number to get the points. Still have not received them after 1 month.

I've also sent emails too.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Just got my first certificate, finally. I was thinking of just using it right away to avoid worrying about the deadline but this is such a thin week it seems better to save it for the next egregious outpouring....when is that, anyway? The next 2 weeks look like pretty slim pickings too.

pradike

Stunt Coordinator
....and Thank you for Shopping at K-Mart.

(free items and promos tend to come with reduced customer service).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pradike, what's that supposed to mean? :)

Heh...yesterday a co-worker of mine mentioned he was heading to BB at lunch to pick up some things. I asked him if he had a RewardZone card. He didn't. I laughed and said "I ought to loan you mine, so I can get points for your purchase".

He agreed! :D

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I received another $5 coupon yesterday, so now I'm wondering again whether these can be stacked. I don't see anything on the coupons or web site saying yes or no. No big deal if I can't, since I'm in that accursed place all the time anyway, but it would be a nice thing for them to do. Anybody used 2 or more of these on the same purchase yet?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I finally got my first one on Monday. I'm waiting on two others at the moment. Actually, I think I have 2 others coming in soon after that as well.

They can't print these things quick enough.

Glen

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I was by there to pick up Soap and other stuff, the person who rang me up was a customer care supervisor who knows me and my family very well from purchases, exchanges, complaints, etc. She is a very friendly and helpful person and always stops me to ask how my son is doing, etc.

She was helping on the register because of the rush-hour crowd, and I happened to be rung up by her. I commented as she put through my RewardZone card that this would qualify me for my 7th coupon so far. She responded with amazement, since she knows how long I've had the thing (not too long :b ).

I commented further that I was saving them to use all at once on either the Indy box set or the Galactica box set. She replied that this was a good idea.

She never told me "it can't be done". So I think they're stackable. I see no reason why not. In fact, I'd kick up a fuss if they tried to refuse...how can it possibly matter to them how these are redeemed?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I was told you can use as many as you want on a purchase as long as it was $10 or over. I asked a person in the store and also emailed to their support email.

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator
The website shows that I have $130.00 in certificates earned since July 20th, but I have yet to receive any certificates. I am worried that they will be expired by the time I receive them. I have called the 800 # but hang up in frustration after waiting on hold for 20 minutes. Anyone have suggestions?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Multitask. :)

Always have something else to do while you are on hold.

Is July 20th the date you signed up or the date you earned your first certificate?

I earned my first certificate about 6 weeks ago, so I should receive it anytime in the next few weeks.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, the site says that I have $35 in certs coming as of 9/22. That will come in handy with the October onslaughts of titles. :D Me like this program. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks