What's new

Best Buy sale (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy is advertising the Tommy and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Deluxe edition releases for $20 this week. Just a quick heads up.
I have the Elton already, but am considering picking up The Who.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, saw that, and though great price (wish I had waited to buy GBYBR). But against my better judgement, I tried to find Tommy at bestbuy.com.

I like to think I am reasonably net savy but their site is the absolute hands-down most piss-poor web site for SACD and DVD-A that exists.

Can you tell I was unable to find it?

I thought I was on to something when I searched through their Sunday ad (on-line). There they are, both Tommy and GBYBR, but noooooooo, when you click on the link, it brings you to the regular CD.

Lame, lame, lame.

Oh well...I will be forced to do the brick and mortar thing. It does annoy me to have to work to give someone my hard earned money.

And BTW, one afternoon, I was so cheesed off about having trouble finding hi-rez titles on their site that I took a half hour and wrote them an e-mail via their user feedback section.

When I got it done and hit send, I got a message saying they could not process my e-mail at this time. No way to say it, cue it, or anything.

I like their store (sometimes) but I HATE bestbuy.com.

Ahhhhh, I feel so much better!

Having heard Pin Ball Wizard on the RS Sampler, I am looking forward to the rest of Tommy.

BGL

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up GBYBR. I hope it encourages more Elton John releases... not the least of which AIDA OCA (I know, unlikely).

I also hope that strong sales of an A-list title will encourage more a-list titles in SACD.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There is a great price on Tommy for those who have access to Costco as well... saw plenty of copies there the other day.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Finally, BB is selling 2-disc sets for a competitive price. Normally there is very little discount on 2-disc sets. As a matter of fact, the last time I checked the local BB was selling Bob Dylan's Blond on Blond for $25.00, $6 over the mslp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks