What's new

Best Buy Returns? (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Tuesday night I picked up Jerry Maguire SE at Best Buy. I opened it tonight, and to my shock, the insert was gone, the security tag had been torn out (the cardboard was torn), and both DVDs had been replaced with heavily scratched consumer blank CD-ROMs! The DVD was sealed when I bought it from Best Buy, but it didn't have any exterior security stickers (the cardboard gatefold DVDs rarely do). One thing that I noticed was odd was that the price sticker was white, and not yellow. Fortunately, I still have the shrinkwrap with the price sticker, and the receipt. I'm going to head back to Best Buy this weekend, but I'm curious as to wether anyone has had this happen to them before, and how understanding the managment was? I can imagine that they'll think that I just swiped the discs, but really, I didn't!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I can imagine that they'll think that I just swiped the discs, but really, I didn't!
That'll be fun. It's more like someone else swiped the discs and returned it with blanks. Then BB just shrinkwrapped it and put it back on the shelf without checking.

Don't take any crap from them for their mistake.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Wow! They're good (here) about unopened discs, but opened ones...I wish you luck, Wal-Mart they ain't, not very flexible with their policies it seems. I read about somebody opening a set that had older versions of the discs in it...somebody bought the new ones, put the old ones in the new case, and returned it presumably for another new one...typically nobody would notice if the silk-screened titles are correct, maybe not even the casual purchaser!

I must say I have often wondered about some discs I've seen where the shrink-wrap didn't look "right". Thanks to your experience, I'm a little less pissed about the security stickers now...I didn't see what they did for store security, but now I see it's kinda for *my* security.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Just wanted to follow up. I took the DVD back to Best Buy on Sunday. No problems returning it. The guys behind the counter were pretty amazed, but since I had the shrink wrap and everything, they just figured it had been stolen at the factory, and gladly gave me a replacement. I had them open the replacmenet there (which also had a white pricetag as well), and it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks