What's new

Best Buy Muppet Mayhem! (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

So did the original poster go to the store and speak to the manager directly, or call them on the phone to tell them how horrible Abby was to them?

That will do it. That was just a computerized form response. It won't do anything. They don't know who Abby is.

Stores have a lot of trouble getting help. Getting good help is even more rare. Luckily, the Best Buy employees in the store I go to are fine. I haven't had a problem.

It is a store by store problem, not every Best Buy is evil.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Just for those interested if you buy muppet show season 1 and muppets from oz ....inside the box set there is a $5 DOLLAR rebate if you buy them both...0.99 cents for a really sub par muppet movie ?? count me in.....then off to ebay it goes ...ha !;)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
My hatred for Muppet Wizard of Oz was far too great to take advantage of that deal :frowning:

Brenton

Screenwriter
I hear ya. And that's a terribly hard thing for me to say because I'm a lifelong fan both of the Muppets and L. Frank Baum's original Oz books.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'm a huge Muppet Fan but I won't be buying anything with Quention Tarantino in it, who I think is a pervert and should'nt be in a family film or Queen Latifah who is just annoying
Actually, I hate all the human cast except for tv veteran Jeffery Tambor.
I always loved the muppets because kids and grownups alike could watch them but now their movies are getting a bit too "adult". I know you have to change with the times but I feel like a caveman nowadays.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Or - on the other hand, you could have said "No thanks, I'll put it back" gotten out of line, gotten into ANOTHER line and been out the door in 5 minuets and little hassle.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma

If anything there getting less adult and more stupid. Sex jokes and what not don't make something more adult. Actually I'm interested in why you call QT a pervert?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Hehe, Im sure lots of people have bought stuff with no problem. He is just telling us his situation.

I will say that your situation was with one jack ass at BB and not BB themselves right? I have gotten terrible service before at giant retailers and other places. But I try not to fault the entire store for one idiots ignorance. You said the next guy was very helpful right? Or did you get the run around with every one?

Also I cant wait to get this set, I wish I lived near a best buy to get this deal.:D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's some GREAT advice. Either that or don't pay for it and leave the stuff there. I once had a REALLY Nasty clerk at a grocery store check out line. She pissed me off SO much that I just walked out (luckily nothing had been rung up and I hadn't paid for anything yet) and left all of my stuff on her check out line. I'm sure she didn't learn not to piss people off, but knowing that she had to get rid of my stuff, was vindication enough for me. :D

Josh_HI

Second Unit

~Yes 1 jack ass. The manager looked it up and confirmed that I was right all along. They only received 1 kind of muppet show season 1 and that was the special edition. No other edition existed.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds to me like the particular Best Buy was just run by a bunch of monkeys. Most large chain store employees are just there for a paycheck and actually have no clue, nor are required to learn exactly what they're selling.

I wish that were me though, I woulda laughed outright in her face and told her I work in the industry and that she was blantantly lying....lol I would have loved to see that. It doesn't surprise me that the head media guy didn't know a lot about it either. They are usually equally useless. Then I would have gotten her name, walked into their office, saw her manager and complained, then phoned Best Buy's consumer hotline or whatever and complained.

Oh well, at least the employees in the area spoke clear english. That's hard to find in my area. :frowning:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
When I encounter stuff like this, I remind myself of my favorite saying when it comes to retail.

"I won't accept a 'no' from someone who is unable to give me a 'yes'."

In other words, not happy with the service? Don't waste time arguing. Go straight to the store manager, or higher if necessary. :)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

You've never worked customer service before, have you? If it was busy like you claim ("...after I had already waited in a long line. . . ."), then I can assure you that the girl in the next register couldnt give a rats ass about what was going on next door. Or if she was indeed hanging on every transaction, then it couldnt have been as busy as you say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks