What's new

Best Buy Free Coming Attractions DVD (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Went by BB and saw this. Free with any music, game, or DVD purchase. Has over 2 hours of the latest movies, music and games, plus a coupon book for different genre DVDs, CD, and games.

Chris

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
These were supposed to "street" with the release of THE LION KING next week.. which is why some locations won't offer, but some BBS are releasing early (A PT BB Employee in the know)

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
The disc is available for free if you take it up to the register. I didn't purchase anything as I spent too much money on CD releases last week :)

Anyway, the best copuons in the lot are 10% of DVD boixed set and 10% of TV DVD box set.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There are some bits of promotional fluff on this DVD, but there are a lot of actual trailers included (non-anamorphic), if that's your thing.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
what are the trailers? trailers of the big green giant?

JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thanks for the info.. what trailer is it? there are a bunch.
the teaser (spider-man), the superbowl (daredevil) , the international trailer and then the theatre trailer in front of (x2)?

JACOB

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
what trailer is it?
Unfortunately, it is only a 60 second commercial for the DVD, but it is still quite good. There are several full length trailers, and some for movies not even released yet, such as a full length trailer for Peter Pan which looks amazing.

Chris

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy yesterday. I just brought it up to the register, and they rang it up, no questions asked.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what day the stores are supposed to put these out? They didn't put the 24 disc out til the Tuesday after the ad came out (which I made sure to pick up, but haven't had time to watch yet!)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They had them out on the racks already at my local Best Buy. It has lots of ads for music, though I haven't come across anythign that's exactly a music video. It's free coupons, so pick it up at any rate.

Annoyingly, none of the coupons are good until 11/30/2003

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Annoyingly, none of the coupons are good until 11/30/2003
:confused: :confused:

There are several that are good before 11/30, some that even run out by then. Some examples
10% off any drama DVD 11/9-11/15
10% off any Disney DVD (Finding Nemo of course :D ) 11/2-11/8
10% off any Sci-Fi/Horror DVD 11/2-11/8
10% off any television DVD 11/16-11/22
10% off any anime DVD 11/9-11/15
$5 off any Redline Entertainment DVD Now-12/31
All video games coupons valid now-12/24
All music coupons valid now-12/31

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I asked about this last night and was told that this "has a hard street date of Sunday" (today). So I was not allowed to get it.

That's hilarious. The whole point of street dates is to prevent a chain from getting an unfair advantage over a competitor.

Since they already have the unfair advantage (i.e., the exclusive disc), there's nothing preventing them from putting them out whenever they friggin' feel like it, right? I mean, is the studio going to penalize them? :eek:

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping that BB will actually honor those coupons regardless of whether or not the items are discounted (weekly sale, etc.). From what I could tell by reading the back of the coupons, I did not see anything that explicitly mentions anything about whether or not the coupons could be used on sale items; however, experience has shown that more than a few BB cashiers will refuse to process them on sale-priced items even though there is nothing stated on the coupon that precludes someone from using it on such.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Got this today at my local BB. I was going to try to go up to the register with just that, but saw a big sticker on the front that said something like "free with purchase of any CD, DVD, or game" so I put it back down and figured I'd get it later in the week, when I go back to get The Lion King. Then I remembered I still hadn't gotten It's Pat yet. So I got that and the free disc for $5.99 + tax. And I'll probably get another one with Lion King on Wednesday. Coupons are good. :)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Here's hoping that BB will actually honor those coupons regardless of whether or not the items are discounted
It does say not valid with any other offer. One could probably make an argument that a sale is considered an offer. It'd be nice if they could be combined with sales though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks