What's new

Best Buy coupons "not valid on prior purchases" (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
My wife and I BOTH got these in the mail today for this weekend. Actually, the mailings are slightly different. Hers gives 15% off regularly priced music and movies; mine only 10% off.

My question is about their 'not valid on prior purchases' disclaimer. Since I purchased my new DVD player (Pioneer 563A) within the last 30 days; I could conceivably return it for a full refund and buy it right back for 10% off. So, will the front desk just give me the 10% coupon discount if I simply show my receipt?

Oh, and for David Frezon...hope you got at least one of these mailings, too. Hey, David, interested in a Yamaha 2092 in excellent condition (I updated my receiver recently, too). Email me if you are.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I think they'd probably try and charge you a restocking fee if it looks like the player had been opened. I dunno.

Did you notice though, on the 15% off regularlyl priced music and movies coupon, it states $29.99 and up?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Oh, no. Don't tell me we have another Frezon on the forum! :D

Or has Jeff just imagined the unholy transmogrification of Dave Lambert and Mike Frezon into a single person? :eek:

JK, guys! :D :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Or has Jeff just imagined the unholy transmogrification of Dave Lambert and Mike Frezon into a single person?
Sounds like one of Conan O'Brien's gags about what if two famous people got married and had off-spring.....

I guess its called....If They Mated:

And, I like the use of Calvin's "transmogrification"! :emoji_thumbsup:

But, the bottom line: No such coupons for me! :angry:

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I got the 15% off coupon as well. Is the $29.99 & up is for each item? I might actually use the thing if the price applies to the entire purchase.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I'm for Deep Space 9: 5th season this week. Will they honor the coupon, as the box is discounted already from their 'normal' price?

It does say 'regularly priced' - I got the 15% one. That would be significant on this set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got coupons! :D

I also got the 15% off movies, music, etc $29.99 and up.

Jeff: is your 10% coupon also limited to items $29.99 and up? You may have ended up with a more versatile coupon.

--David ;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Well, again I didn't receive the coupons. I was "out of the loop" for these about 1-1/2 years ago and then I was back on their mailing list. I guess I'm off again. I wish I could figure out what is going on.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Same here. I usually get those coupons, but haven't lately. Maybe they track whether you use them & stop sending them if you don't.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Jeff -- you could always just buy the new DVD player with your coupon and turn around and walk back to Customer Service and return the DVD player with your old receipt.

Not opened - no restocking fee.

I do this all the time with stuff.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yep, jason. exactly what i was going to suggest.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ahhhhhh...nothing like coming home from a long day's work and finding some sweet coupon love in the mailbox. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhhhh...nothing like coming home from a long day's work and finding some sweet coupon love addressed to my wife in the mailbox for me to steal before she gets home... :laugh:

This is sweet, because I was already having Best Buy hold a stack of DVDs for me until Sunday so I could get the double points for RewardZone. Now I get to use a 15%-off coupon on 3 of them? Coooool! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks