What's new

Best Buy Black Friday Ad (1 Viewer)

OfficialIron

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Bedford
Got an email that the Best Buy Black Friday ad was leaked. Some good deals on blu-rays, blu-ray players and tvs. See anything worth getting up for?

http://www.blackfriday.org/best-buy-black-friday-ad.html

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
A couple of BDs look good, but I hope that Amazon price matches as its not worth going to Best Buy for them. I had heard rumors of some other deals I didn't see listed.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I was not too impressed. There's nothing I'd stand in line over 10 minutes to purchase, much less having to arrive at 1-2am for a 3am ticket handout and 5am opening. My wife would like a Nook but I'll not stand in line to save $50. I'll try online for the Nook as BB did this last year and I expect a repeat. If not I expect this to be widely available at $100-$120 over the season and drop to this price range in the next year so I'll just wait.

Frankly, all the BF ads I've seen so far are lackluster in that regard. Looks like I'll be in front of my computer like last year hoping amazon will match the better ones and if not I don't need it. :)

JoeCool6972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Turner
Worst Buy and their sorry customer service doesn't deserve my money. They've gotten three strikes. :rolleyes:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

Eli and Kick Ass for me on Amazon Price Match =)

If anyone sees a BF special on the Halo 360 Console tho please PM me!

Amazon PM is the key. Not worth two hours in line to save a few bucks. Sam, check out Amazon used for Eli and other titles. I bought it "used" from Amazon a few weeks ago, still in the shrinkwrap and it was the DVD, BD combo pack for less than the BF sale price.

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
Originally Posted by JoeCool6972 /forum/thread/305781/best-buy-black-friday-ad#post_3750230

Consumer Reports doesnt give them thumbs up in the latest issue that arrived today. They fail in many categories.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Looking at the Flyers for BiBi's and Targhee this past week, I saw nothing to tickle my Fancy. What I do on "The National Day of Insanity" all rides on what Wally's deals will be.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I'm all over that Samsung 46 LED. Looks like it comes with a Blu player too, but I'd go for this deal even without that.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Probably a stupid question...

If you were to buy a TV now, and then the TV goes on sale for Black Friday...can you get a price match after the fact?

I really don't want to go to the stores on BF, but I promised my folks' I'd get them a new set.

Looking for a 40/42 inch set that goes for cheap. They don't need all the latest and greatest..

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Yeah, you'd most likely have to actually purchase it again on BF and return one on the original receipt. They they'd probably hit you with a restocking fee... This all assuming they don't pull a WM and the BF electronics are specific for that deal... not available before or after.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
From what I understand, Best Buy's BF deals will be live on their website Monday (11/22) for Reward Zone Silver members. Your RZ account has to be linked to your BB.com account and the items have to be shipped (no in store pick up). I'm totally up for some cheap BD's on Monday morning (like Clash of the Titans or Taken). If worse comes to worse and the system doesn't work Monday, I can hop to the store like I have for the last ten years Friday morning when I'm back in Michigan.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jason_V

From what I understand, Best Buy's BF deals will be live on their website Monday (11/22) for Reward Zone Silver members. Your RZ account has to be linked to your BB.com account and the items have to be shipped (no in store pick up). I'm totally up for some cheap BD's on Monday morning (like Clash of the Titans or Taken). If worse comes to worse and the system doesn't work Monday, I can hop to the store like I have for the last ten years Friday morning when I'm back in Michigan.

Good to know! This could save me a trip into Denver on the worst day of the year...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The only place I've seen this deal advertised is on the Reward Zone website. Here's some more details from the site:

1) You have to go to BB.com through Reward Zone as I understand it. There's a link on the page which says "go to BestBuy.com."

2) The offers are valid only on 11/22 between 12:00 PM ET and 11:59 PM ET. (That's great for those of us on Pacific time...)

3) Offers valid while supplies last.

4) May not be picked up in store.
5) Some delivery fees may apply.

So really...to make the entire process easier, make sure you have a BB.com account and link your Reward Zone account to it now. I personally wouldn't wait until Monday to do that.

JayMacey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kyle m
Also, the distinction is that you must be a Reward Zone SILVER member. Not a regular Reward Zone member, the SILVER member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks