What's new

best big screen for $2000 (1 Viewer)

TroyV

Grip
Hi.

I am in the market to replace my 46" 4:3 Mits with a HD big screen. I really like the vertical size of my screen, so I think a 55" would be fine for me.

I only want to spend around $2000. Right now I am looking at the Mits. WS55313 for $1788 and the Mits WS55515 for $2399. Is the 515 that much better? I don't need a tuner, since I'll get one from my cable company.

Other models I should look at?

Thanks.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The 515 is a 315 with a built in tuner along with Firewire and HDMI instead of DVI. Personally I'd either get the 55615 for the quad field focus along with a few other features. I bought the 413 last year but the 615 is the nearest equivalent to it since they eliminated the Silver + series. The difference between a 413(equivalent to the 615 w/o a tuner) and the 313(equivalent to the 315) was big enough for me to pay the difference.

I love my 413. It's been outstanding.

TroyV

Grip
Shane.

Thanks for the info.

any ideas what I should sell my VS-46507 for? I think $900?

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Troy:

I would encourage you to look at the new Panasonic 53X54. You can get this TV for ~1,400 shipped and it is as good as any 50+ inch CRT RPTV on the market today. I know what you are thinking, I am just saying this because I own the TV. This is true - I do own it. That said, I also owned a Hitachi 51SWX20B, 51S500, 57S700 and Mitsubish 55" Diamond (55813) and the Panasonic has as good a picture in all sources as any of those tvs. Furthermore, it actually crushes the others in standard cable performance. Don't believe me, go see one for yourself. These TVs are even amazing looking out of the box. If you need to pay $2,000 for the TV you can just buy the 53X54 and send me the difference ;) .

John

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Wish I could help Troy. Offhand $900 seems high but if its a Hi Def capable set then it sounds ok.

Victor.Y

Stunt Coordinator
I second the Panasonic PT-53X54 as well. The picture I saw from the set was stellar, especially considering the price. I'd have mine now, except it's backordered at a lot of places.

V

TroyV

Grip
Hmm, I will definitely look into that. I pretty much was only looking at Mits, because they use to be the best. Not sure if they are anymore.

My old mits is not a high def. So, maybe $800?

TroyV

Grip
I wouldn't have thought about ordering this online, but it sounds good. I usually go to a specialty A/V place around here. (Flanners)

What are some good places that you guys recommend?

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Troy:

No offense intended, but there is no way that you will get $800 for a 46" standard def RPTV. I would be thinking somewhere in the $400 range at best. People are not generally interested in buying old large screen tvs. IMHO, you will be lucky if you can sell the thing for more then a couple of hundred.

As far as the Panny 53X54, you can buy it at alot of places. Circuit City, Sears and many other B&M retailers handle Panny tvs.

JK

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
hey i'm no experst but when seeling something always put a high price. Try putting it in your local classifieds etc because 400? i mean someones gonna be getting a deal...i'd say price it high, maybe johnkings is just looking for a cheap new big screen ;) haha just kidding...anyway i would price it high and check around the net for selling prices...things sold in the newspaper etc. usually go way more then they do online because there is so much competition...just what i'm thinking

Jay

TroyV

Grip
Maybe it's just this area, but everyone was thinking about it for $1000. Now, at $800, everyone wants it.

It's pretty much sold..I just have to come up with the $1k more to buy another tv.

I want to look for the Panny, and no one here carried, it. They only place I didn't have time to see was CC.

I found a Mits. WS-55615 for $1900. Just might buy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks