What's new

Best A/V Reciever for under $1k (1 Viewer)

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what people's opinios are on the best A/V receiver for under $1k? and why?

Thank you

Daman

Second Unit
Im also on the lookout for similar priced reciever.. how do Marantz 8400 or Onkyo 901 fare against the Denon and Pioneer??

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
When do you plan on purchasing? If not immediately, you might want to wait to learn more about this pre/pro and amp combo that will go for $1200 for the pair.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
My opinion lately is to go middle of the road, and look for two things:

1) a decent digital processor, and

2) pre-outs for all the surround channels.

This gives you a clear upgrade path to add outboard power when you feel like you want more juice to drive your existing/future speakers.

Generally speaking, between two models, like the AVR3805 and the AVR2805, the power differences hardly justify the price. Especially when you consider that processing changes every 2-3 years or sooner, it's easier to swallow upgrading your integrated every couple of years, rather than forking out $2K+ for a new straight processor. Amplification after all doesn't exactly become obsolete...

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I agree with Tony.....Outlaw had a very nice 6.1 receiver that I found noticeably better than a comparable Denon I upgraded from.....and they are just about to release their new model. I'm not sure on the time frame, but you may want to keep an eye out.....Outlaw is a strong option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks