What's new

Best $500 (1 Viewer)

Capn

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve ford
I love this forum. I have never heard of BD players being different. So I did a little research on Blu Ray players to understand what you said schan1269. But I don't see any evidence of image quality improvement going from PS3 to a stand alone. In fact, PC mag still has it as editors choice for Blu Ray....as well as CNET rating it as excellent for Blu Ray playing. Both are 2012 reviews. Kinda sounds like there's some placebo effect going on with stand alone players??? Professional testing can't seem to fine any PQ difference. I do now recognize some negatives with the PS3 unrelated to image quality. Fan noise, slow load time, and having a separate controller. The latter of which is a hassle for me. But I'm happy to keep the PS3 til the PS4 comes out next year. Quote from pro tester: "For Blu-rays, there is no difference in picture quality between players, and the latest PS3s can bitstream audio so there is no issue there either. If your screen supports 1080p/24 then the player shouldn't have any work to do. And color correction should be performed at the monitor, not the player, in my opinion." As per my current dilemma....I suppose I agree with Brainwasher. I'll grab the NR616 to solve my HDMI 1.4 debacle. Major bummer. I've love my Elite.:(

Capn

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve ford
For under 200 bucks, I could see saving my PS3 for gaming duties only too. Especially due to the fan noise. But anyways...... I did go with the Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2 so solve my 3D incompatibility. That will be here today and HOPEFULLY I can be done. I'll take a couple shots of my setup once wires are covered, couches placed, yadda, yadda.

Capn

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve ford
Probably small potatoes compared tomost of your setups. By my 6 seats and 100" screen are all I could do in this joint.:D

Capn

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve ford
schan1269 said:
Is that "all 5" of your speakers in the front of the room?
Haha...no. I'm doing the 7.1 thing. Little guys up there are just surrounds. I was able to find the sweet spot for my sub too! Amazing what a difference that makes. Also, I built a box yesterday for my back seats. Now they can recline without a a vision issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks