What's new

Behringer 1000 dsp hookup/mod question (1 Viewer)

Bstloukal1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Byron
I am going to be switching to a behringer inuke 1000dsp to power my new sub project. Question is on hookup. My current receiver has a rca sub output only. My sub has rca input only. The behringer does not have this type hookup. Suggestions on hookups cables. Also i believe there is a fan mod for this but can find the link for this. If some know were it is or know whats needed please let me know. Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Use the combo TRS/XLR inputs. I picked up a 3' cable from Radio Shack that has an RCA on one end and a 1/4" mono phono plug on the other. Works great with the TRS inputs on my Behringer EP-2500. I think RS has 6' and 12' versions as well. Fan swap -

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
Also i believe there is a fan mod for this but can find the link for this
I have an iNuke 6000 dsp. Did the fan mod myself. I swapped the stock fans with (Noctua NF-R8 80x80x25). The stock fans are terribly loud and they run all the time. Noctua is dead quiet; u can only hear it uptill about a foot away from the amp. Swapping is easy. Open up the hood and remove the stock fans. One gripe here........The stock fans have 2 pin plugs whereas Noctua has 3 pin plugs. I circumvented the hookup. What I did was I removed the 2 pin base socket from the mainboard to get direct access to the bare pins. I then used only the jacks that had red and black wires in them. The yellow wire jack is not hooked. That I think is for regulating the fan speed. But even with this hook up, you are pretty safe. I've tortutred iNuke 6000 DSP to death with a DIY sub, and it never clipped thermally.

Bstloukal1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Byron
what recommendations do we have for binding posts on the enclosure itself.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've used everything from stainless steel bolts to 5 way binding posts from Parts Express to drilling a hole and running the wire through the box. As long as you have a good connection, it will work. A lot of people like the Speakon connections but I have never tried them.

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
Bstloukal1 said:
what recommendations do we have for binding posts on the enclosure itself.
For Berry to DIY Sub Hookup It's easy. Um using 4-pole speakon connectors for hookup for the only reason that only 4-pole plug was available. You can use either 4-pole or 2-pole. They are much the same. If you use 4-pole plugs, you can use any of the two sets labelled (1+, 1-) or (2+,2-). 2 pairs of connection are there for biamping, if you are using it for mains. For sub, any pair would do. On sub box, um using binding posts with banana inserts. For AVR to Berry Hookup XLR to rca connector. Any of those from Hosa would do. It's cheap and gets the job done. Beware, your avr may or may not have enough pre output voltage to drive berry. It accepts 1.4v RMS (I THINK) input voltage to operate at its optimum. Um using ART CleanBox Pro to bump up the signal. My current avr is Denon 3313. I have used yamaha rx-V3900 and Onkyo 809 also, both did not have enough output voltage to drive a pro amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks