What's new

Been awhile (1 Viewer)

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Hi,

It's been a really long time since I visited the forums. WOW, the layout sure has change!!!

I think that I'm finally thinking about upgrading my Panny 47 RPTV to a 1080p set. By the way, Gregg calibrated my Panny twice and it still looks great.

I would ike to get a flat panel, either a LCD or a Plasma and yes, I will get the new set calibrated again and most likely from Gregg.

I want a 50" screen. I really like 1080p Panny Plasma with their new anti glare screen, but I've always liked the Sharp Aquos.

Which one is a better buy and how well does the anti glare coating works with the new Panny's?

I have a lot of lights coming in my house. I never really liked plasmas just because I don't need a 50+" mirror in the house. I was happy to see that Panny tackled the problem, but I would like to hear from others.

I'm glad that I'm back, but I need to be re educated on TV again :).

Thanks!

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Plasma generically still beats LCD in overall picture quality. Look at Gary Merson's new article in the latest 'Home Theater' magazine as an example. Go for the new Panasonic 750 series plasma, if your ruling priority is image fidelity. Gary's HDGuru.com site has a review and some of the article from HTM.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks