What's new

Been away a while - What's the best receiver for my $750? (1 Viewer)

balwinder

Grip
Tom, Sony ES series is great buy. Sony STR-DA3ES is very powerful... I just bought one. I can get you a great deal from someone I know. Retail price at electronic store is about $1000 but I can get it to you for about $780... let me know if you are interested to buy this great unit.

- Balwinder

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I would say a Denon 2802 is safely in your budger along with an Onkyo 696. If you can find a good deal over the net, or are willing to splurge, then an Onkyo 797 or Denon 3802. A Yamaha will also be a decent buy, but really, I would stick with either a Denon or Onkyo. I own a 797 and I really like it.

Chip E

Screenwriter
"What's the best receiver for my $750?"
Hmmmm.... I'll say for that amount of money Integra DTR-6.2
Here's a good review - Link Removed
Most company's have a higher end line. Sony has "ES" Onkyo has Integra (with the exception that Onkyo and Integra are completely seperate company's)
Click on receiver's in the table of contents/master index.

Marc H

Second Unit
H/K AVR520

Can't beat the sound of the dual high current power supply design. The D/A convertors sound awesome too. They really put the sound quality first and foremost.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
If I'm not mistaken Tom, you are/were the owner of an HK AVR80II. If so, and you love the HK sound, I second the recommendation for the HK AVR520. Among other things it does DPLII and Logic7, DTS-ES, MP3 decoding, preouts and main-ins on all channels, 7.1 inputs, and HK's well known over-achieving amplifier section. It's close to the perfect receiver - and in your price range.

Tom Garvey

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies..

Kevin.. pretty good memory. I still have the AVR80 and the Sony EP9ES. I think it's definitely time for a change.

I will have to go out and listen to all the above mentioned receivers..

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks