What's new

Becker 1/21/04 (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I watched this episode because (A) it was a new episode in a couple weeks of reruns, and (B) I was doing something else at the time and had it on for background sound. Then the final couple of minutes played out and it was something of a shock to me, how much 9/11 has left my waking conscious and the fact there are still people devistated while I go about doing something as mundane as trying to sell a screenplay. The fact that BECKER is probably going out for good after next week's episode, at least this one episode is something they can be proud of that it affected at least one person the way they probably wanted.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I used to watch "Becker" all the time, but this season they messed up the scheduling so much that I've missed almost all the episodes. :frowning:

What was last night's episode about?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
It was the old 'Becker needs to be somewhere and something comes up' episode, with Becker helping an older woman find her way to a certain place as she is sort of lost in the subway system. It played like the usual Becker episode, but then we get the payoff when it turns out the woman is trying to get to Ground Zero where her son died. It ends with the woman resting her head on Becker's shoulder as they sit with people going back and forth with their daily lives. For some reason, that was a HUGE payoff for me, as people we pass all the time have their own stories as well; of course, that's probably just the writer in me.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Becker is just not the same without the Bob character and the Reggie character. The show just does not work now. It's too contrived and like they are stretching to make the comedy that used to just flow, especially from Bob. Also romance usually ruins a show. I think it is because the tension of a non romantic relationship where romance is only hinted at is much more enjoyable than the real thing. Also it is hard to accept that a person like Chris would have anything to do with a guy like Becker, other than have him arrested. Maybe the shows writers thought it would work better, but it just doesn't. I miss the old Becker.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
There was a lot of hinting around that the show is ending last night. Becker was being unreasonably nice. He also talked about his patient, "Neilson" complaining about the ratings and Jake is moving to Chicago to go to school. Hector is supposed to take over the newstand. I don't think the show can survive this. I'm afraid it may be DOA:frowning:

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
The TV guide labeled it as the series finally, not season finally, so I'm sure it's gone. I liked the part about Mr Nielson saying the numbers wern't that bad and also the guest appearence by his wife Mary Steenberger. I loved the line "I pity the poor basterd that's married to her." I liked the show. I'll miss it.

Mark

Joe S

Second Unit
I guess they decided to call it quits before the show was cancelled or dropped in quality. I'll miss it , especially like to see Shawnee Smith :b . The final show was a nice sendoff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks