What's new

Beavis and Butthead Episode List (1 Viewer)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
The Beavis and Butt-Head Volume 2 DVD comes out in a couple of weeks , and we still don't have a list of which episodes will be included. The only news we've gotten is that Best Buy will offer a bonus Disc with 3 Season 7 episodes, which implies none of the earlier episodes will be on Volume 2. Are Paramount and Mike Judge afraid people will backlash at a Volume 2 that only contains episodes from the last seasons and none of the early ones?

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
It looks like I was right All Season 5-6-7. No a single episode prior to that. Looks i need to hunt down the history and timelife DVDs

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, this thread appeared to be a monologue. What's your source for the episode list? Also, you know there's a third release still to come, right?

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Reviews up on DVDTalk. Apparently there are no Director's Cuts this time around.

However, that doesn't make the lack of earlier episodes less egregious, especially since it looks like Volume 3 will be more of the Same. Mike Judge should be locked up and never be allowed to participate on another DVD again

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I think that's a bit rude, Kevin. These DVDs wouldn't have happened without Mike Judge being involved. The poor guy has been ripped a new one for changing the episodes to the way he wanted them to be seen in the first place. The first box was labled correctly, people just assumed that "Director's Cut" meant there would be new material, when that's not always the case.

Gord

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I don't have the first set yet, but I fully intend to get it. I have approximately 14 VHS compilations from the early to mid 90's I would gladly retire those upon purchasing these sets. The cuts don't bother me because; 1) I haven't seen many of these shorts in years so I doubt I'd be able to pinpoint what footage was missing and what wasn't, and; 2) As Gord stated above, the Director's Cuts were what Mike Judge intended to be seen. I only wish however that he'd reconsider and release ALL of the shorts, not just the ones he's not emberassed by.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
So what exactly is edited from the cartoons on the Volume 1 set? Are just the music videos edited out?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

were they really "what was intended to be seen" or more or less like "this is when Paramount didn't want to bother negotiating them riffing Iron Man"?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
It's probably a little from column "A" and a little from column "B". But regardless of what was cut, as well as the reasons behind them (whatever they may be), the bottom line is that Judge is touting these episodes as 'Director's Cuts' therefore "claiming" that the cartoons presented are what he intended to be seen. I'll agree that there were probably rights issues involved, but this appears to be the "definitive" collection of the show, overseen by Judge himself. In this case, I'd rather look at the glass as half full as opposed to half empty.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
WTF?!?

I just heard that Mike Judge isn't going to be releasing any of the controversial episodes from the first few seasons and it's not because of the crappy animation.

MIKE JUDGE COLLECTION = SHIT

Can it be that they are going to release the earlier episodes as a Lost Episodes collection?

This means that we're not even going to see the infamous "FIRE FIRE FIRE" episode? That's crap ... I wonder if there's any rumors about MTV releasing the earlier episodes ....

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
"I just heard that Mike Judge isn't going to be releasing any of the controversial episodes from the first few seasons and it's not because of the crappy animation."

Where did you hear this? Quotes, Articles, Interviews, Man!

If this is true, It'll just go to show that i was right about Mike Judge: he's a two-faced crook and a disservice to the entire DVD medium

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
"I just heard that Mike Judge isn't going to be releasing any of the controversial episodes from the first few seasons and it's not because of the crappy animation"

I still want to know where did he hear this? Where, Where, Where?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I can't remember where I saw or heard it. It was either an interview or on a website. I know I recall the fact that he didn't want the earlier animation released because of the crappy animation style but the earlier episodes did have some very classic episodes and it would be a shame if these episodes were not released.

If I can find it, I'll post it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wait, you said that there was a reason beyond the bad animation. Everyone interested in these sets knows the reason that he's only releasing the episodes that he likes (which is why it's called "The Mike Judge Collection" afterall). So what is the other reason that you alluded to in your other post?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks