What's new

Beatles Anthology Review??? (1 Viewer)

GregK

Screenwriter
Has anyone taken a rough count on how many Beatle songs are included in the entire Anthology?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

That depends where you saw it. The first Home Video release (VHS & LD) was the complete British broadcast version. The North American broadcast was shortened considerably.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Not so. The US version aired before the UK version. While the US version was shorter than the UK version (ABC wanted it shorter for more commercials), but only by about 35 minutes total.

The home video version is condsiderably longer than even the UK broadcast version.

-paul

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the UK TV version was nowhere near 10 hours long. The VHS/LD version had about 5 1/2 extra hours more content than the US TV version and about 5 hours more than the UK TV version.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Still no shipping-notice e-mail from my online vendor. And I assume we can be certain BB has these sets in its warehouses. Hmmm.

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I am pretty sure that Best Buy has them in their warehouses. A bunch of people have already picked up the set in various stores that don't care about the street date, according to the Beatles newsgroup on Usenet.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not for me if I don't cancel my pre-order (at $68!). This vendor has never let me down this way before. (Except for recently when, instead of shipping my $85 Twilight Zone Volume 4 boxset, the company sent me someone else's $18 sex toy. The mess is still being straightened out as I type.)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Not for me if I don't cancel my pre-order (at $68!). This vendor has never let me down this way before.
At $68 (!), they're doing you a favor by not shipping. This gives you a chance to cancel your order and buy it for about $50. Hurry and cancel!

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
Got my copy of the Anthology DVDs today. As others have said, the 5.1 mixes really breathe new life into the songs. Picture looks good, considering the nature of the materials.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that the captions are now player generated, and they're really ugly. I guess it was necessary with a single region world wide release, but it just looks a bit cheap and unpolished.

But the songs more than make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks