Be careful what you sniff

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Swindoll, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

FALLON, Nev. — A 59-year-old man who received a suspicious letter with amorous writings and women's lace panties turned it over to sheriff's deputies, who stored it in a biohazard barrel before determining it didn't come from a terrorist.
    "It was from a secret admirer," Churchill County Sheriff Bill Lawry said.
    "We returned the letter and the underwear," he said.
    The Fallon man said he became concerned about the threat of anthrax contamination because the unsigned letter was mailed from Reno in a yellow envelope with no return address.
    Neatly printed on two pages, the sexually suggestive message and black thong panties arrived Thursday.
    "It just about blew my socks off," said the man, speaking on the condition he not be named. He said he had lived in the rural community only since September and few people had his address.
    "I don't know of anybody who would do this and I have no explanation for it. I feel kind of silly," he told the Lahontan Valley News and Fallon Eagle Standard.
    The man said he had been worried about anthrax exposure because he sniffed the contents to determine if perfume was present on the letter or the underwear. [​IMG]
    The woman who made the overture notified the sheriff on Monday when she learned that the letter had been turned over for investigation. She told authorities she was romantically interested in the single man.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,36647,00.html
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i once received a copy of high society (cheesy nudie magazine) in my mailbox. does that count? [​IMG]
    there was no address label or anything. someone had to have put it there. i guess someone was feeling for me that day. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    You step in the stream,
    But the water has moved on.
    This page is not here.

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Ted, Hope you didnt sniff it [​IMG].
    Other paranoia themed amusements:
    The cleaning lady came in yesterday and was talking to the boss and said that she'd heard that she heard a rumor that a case of Amtrack had shown up at a local hospital. Just when you thought train travel was safe [​IMG].
    I got an email today that an Emergeny room attendent got a call from a lady asking if she could get a shot to protect her from Ajax. I was not aware that household cleaning supplies were out to get us?? [​IMG].
    Cheers.
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    quote: My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night. [/quote]
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon
    [Edited last by Ron-P on October 17, 2001 at 11:55 AM]

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

7. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

8. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

9. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer