BBC Press Release: Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely All Of It

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

image004.jpg

“Since it debuted in 1991, no show has come close to parodying the fashion industry and its aversion to political correctness with such glee and rapid-fire wit.” – Indiewire 

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS: ABSOLUTELY ALL OF IT 

Street Date: November 5, 2013 

Suggested Retail Price: DVD $158.72 

Length: Approx. 1244 mins + bonus content/ 10-disc set 

New York – September 25, 2013 – Comedy genius never goes out of style, darling – and to prove it, BBC Home Entertainment is releasing the Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely All Of It box set on November 5, 2013. This must-have accessory for the holiday season contains every episode and special from the award-winning series, spanning over 20 years of misguided adventures with fashionista best friends Edina (Jennifer Saunders, French & Saunders) and Patsy (Joanna Lumley, The Corpse Bride) – all tucked away in a super-luxe limited edition faux (totally PC, sweetie) iguana skin clutch bag. 

This special DVD collection gathers together all five seasons of the show, as well as every special including for the very first time the 20th Anniversary specials, in which Jennifer Saunders won the 2012 BAFTA TV Award for Female Performance in a Comedy Program. Plus, seasons 1-3 have had a bit of “work” done – they are remastered and looking more fabulous than ever. The bonus features include an extensive behind the scenes look at Ab Fab with executive producer Jon Plowman, an interview between Plowman and actress June Whitfield, the famous Olympic Torch moment, the 2012 Ab Fab Comic Relief sketch, and more. 

All seasons of the series are available for sale individually from BBC Home Entertainment. 

All-New Bonus Features Include: 

 Jon Plowman’s History of Ab Fab – Legendary BBC comedy producer Jon Plowman gives the inside story on the making of Absolutely Fabulous 

 Jon Plowman interviews actress June Whitfield 

Ab Fab 2012 Comic Relief Special 

 Newly Recorded Jon Plowman Introductions to the 20th Anniversary Specials and the French and Saunders sketches “Modern Mother and Daughter,” “Titanic,” and “Cold Turkey” 

 Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley carry the Olympic Torch 

 French language subtitles 

Other Bonus Features Include: 

 Outtakes 

 Commentary by Jennifer Saunders and Jon Plowman 

Ab Fab on Sport Relief + Behind the Scenes at Sport Relief 

 How to be Absolutely Fabulous – A behind-the-scenes look at Ab FAb 

 Absolutely Fabulous: A Life – Edina looks back on her life 

 Before Ab Fab (Two French & Saunders Sketches) 

Mirrorball – Series pilot by Jennifer Saunders featuring all the stars of Ab Fab 

 Joanna Lumley on Modeling 

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

Restored music or no dice. I have Series 1-3, the rest isn't as good as the originals to warrant buying these without uncut episodes.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I'm going to wait to see what the UK does...

I bought, piecemeal, everything with the correct music. The clutch is cool though.

4. ClaudeNorth2013

ClaudeNorth2013 Auditioning

John
    Any word on whether this truly contains "absolutely all of it"?

5. cmleidi

cmleidi New User

Chris
    The packaging is a pain. The discs are held in a set where a disc is on top of another disc. The case can be difficult to close, and when I opened it, one of the discs popped out. The case is held in a purse, and it's a bit of a problem getting the case out.

I checked Birthing to see if the Chicago musical number was in the show. It was not. This is the edited version yet again.

6. ClaudeNorth2013

ClaudeNorth2013 Auditioning

John
    Edited episodes? I'll pass...

7. JMFabianoRPL

And is Wheel's on Fire and the Madonna quote still gone?

8. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    darn. i really wanted to buy it again. :p

9. JMFabianoRPL

I don't really put as much weight on anything that happened after "The End," so I'd give it a chance if at least the theme song was restored to Series 2, and maybe the Madonna quote. If not, time to try and get my BBC Video copies dubbed to DVD.