What's new

Baywatch: The Complete Fourth Season (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, what's going on with the Baywatch DVD releases? There hasn't been an announcement for Season 4 and I'm starting to wonder if First Look/Fremantle has planned to stop releasing them. Has anyone heard anything?

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
I know I'd love to see someone start form scratch again by doing this show some justice. One of my favorite shows, but there is no way I'm picking up these awful releases. Especially with no theme song, ya don't mess with the Baywatch theme.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The releases are pretty decent ... I've bought the first three seasons and they are wonderful sets ... Just wish they would keep the releases going ... At least all we're missing is the theme song ... so what? The episodes are still the same as I remember them ...

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Actually, there is a lot missing. All the music is changed. Plus, the transfers are terrible.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
AGAIN! Who cares about the music ... if you want to talk about complaints, talk about WKRP ... I'm actually enjoying the Baywatch DVD sets ... I just hope they continue releasing them.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Well I didn't have a problem with the WKRP sets, but BAYWATCH was essentially a long MTV video. It was all about the music montages. With the generic music in there, it isn't the same show.

I bought the R2 Season one set of the show with the original music, but that was the only season I cared about.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
This has me interested: Apparently a new release of Season One (THE REAL SEASON ONE) and Two are out on July 10! The catch is that they are Australian imports; Region 0, from the company, Force Australia. Now the good thing is that it includes all of the episodes, no misssing ones, but of course it has the music changed like on Region 1 releases. I'm on the fence still, but it's a step in the right direction.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N3STVQ?...89&camp=211189

Also I think poor sales and poor feedback are not helping sales of Region 1 sets, IMO that is why no news of season 4.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
It is funny that they are showing that Direct TV ad, with Pamela Anderson as her Baywatch character, with the Baywatch theme playing that isn't even on the DVD set.

They can use it for an ad but not for the DVDs?

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The UK Season 1 set does not have the Peter Cetera opening theme, though. It uses the theme that was used on the pilot and later in syndication in the UK. All other music seems to be intact.

Season 1 must not have sold too well in the UK - Season 2 has been on the release schedule, but disappeared the last time I looked.

I believe the German sets have no music alterations at all. One day, I'll have to get them. It seems like that's the only way to get the series the way it aired.

And it is funny to hear someone say "who cares about music" in relation to Baywatch. Without music and montages, there wouldn't be much left of some episodes.

Jake S.

Auditioning
Real Name
Jakob

Yes, that's true. I have the German season 1 set, and it includes all the original music + the great Peter Cetera theme. :)

All the later seasons also seem to have the music intact, but I've heard that people have been heavily complaining about the German season 6 set, because the episodes are presented completely out of order compared to the original air dates. :rolleyes

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by BrandonJF

The UK Season 1 set does not have the Peter Cetera opening theme, though. It uses the theme that was used on the pilot and later in syndication in the UK. All other music seems to be intact.

Season 1 must not have sold too well in the UK - Season 2 has been on the release schedule, but disappeared the last time I looked.

I believe the German sets have no music alterations at all. One day, I'll have to get them. It seems like that's the only way to get the series the way it aired.

Network DVD released the second and third seasons of Baywatch in October 2010, after a very long wait since the first season was released on DVD in the UK (I'm assuming this was down to clearing music issues). I'm hoping we won't have to wait another four years for Seasons 4 & 5.

The not so good picture quality being discussed earlier in this thread...is this referring to the Region 1 sets, because I was wondering what the picture/print quality is like for the German DVD season sets?

I emailed Network a few months ago about the change of the theme tune in the Season 1 set, from Save Me by Peter Cetera to the Kim Carnes track (is this track available to download? I think it's called Above the Waterline). They replied saying that I was getting confused about the different theme tune, because the Peter Cetera track was used on the original airings, but when it was repeated the Kim Carnes track replaced it (was this just in the UK on ITV, or was it also in the US? The first season originally aired in the US on NBC).

The instrumental track over Season 1's end credits was intact though (who recorded this track?). The theme tune from the second season onwards is intact in the second and third season DVD sets from Network, and David Hasselholf's song over the end credits is intact as well.

Spin-off Baywatch Nights was partly shown on ITV, late at night around 11-11.30 pm. They only showed the first few episodes of the first season before it was dropped. I'm hoping this gets a DVD release someday.

mooneyhill1

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik Stone
Do you think about the Baywatch Season 4 DVD one from Fremantle Media & Shock Entertainment, the Australian import to the U.S., which was released in 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks