What's new

Battlestar Galactica vs. an Imperial Star Destroyer (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The header says it all. Which one of these massive and powerful starships would win in a fight?

I'll go with the Battlestar Galactica.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Depends if they get to use fighters or not. Starbuck and Apollo could blow away the TIE Fighters and take down the SD. But one on one with no fighters involved, the Star Destroyer has far superior firepower.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of those questions my friends and I debated endlessly back in late '78 and early '79 during gym class. I think the Star Destroyer would win- it just looks cooler.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Are we talking classic Galactica, or new show. Cause the new show, Galactica is a piece of junk, while the classic Galactica was a top of the line ship.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The answer is......whatever the writer of the work of fiction chooses (asking what would "really" happen is meaningless).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
The answer is......whatever the writer of the work of fiction chooses (asking what would "really" happen is meaningless).
It's a thought experiment in imagination. Are you always that literal?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This thread sure brings back memories of usenet threads in the '90s where the subject of an Imperial Star Destroyer vs the Big E (the Enterprise) would be endlessly debated. :)
- Walter.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Edwin-S said:
It's a thought experiment in imagination. Are you always that literal?
How does "it's whatever the writer imagines it to be" conflict with "a thought experiment in imagination"?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
How does "it's whatever the writer imagines it to be" conflict with "a thought experiment in imagination"?
Forget it. You have answered my question.

Bryan Hyland

Auditioning
i would say it depends on the star destroyer
if it is the eclipse star destroyer or the executor star destroyer then it would win do to size
and if vader is on the star destroyer then you have to worry about his force powers like chock

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Bryan, welcome to the HTF! I love it when new folks arrive and answer a 11 year old thread, I mean that sincerely as I would never have known this was a topic that had been debated here. Not that I am in the least bit surprised...

Users who are viewing this thread