What's new

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic...Announced! (2 Viewers)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
When he was married in Lost Planet of the Gods, he wore Blue. I guess that's the dress-dress uniform :) I'm also guessing that whoever did the menus has never really watched the show, since he seems to have slapped that on every bonus screen BUT LPOTG :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Damn, Oscar, someone beat me to it. I was planning to post those tomorrow! Ah, well; still will. I got something else, too.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No offense to Richard or Dirk, but why are there no women on the menu screens? After all, many of us young men were watching for the female cast.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
At least one Anne Lockhart menu screen would have been nice. :)

What surprised me was how every episode it seems has deleted scenes that will be featured, so we'll be seeing more than just the extra scenes that were in the expanded "telemovies" that are prized items among BG fans.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's quite possible other people are on menus. These are just samples to show the extras

Hopefully whoever put it together realized that SOME of the telemovie extra scenes are.....altered :)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Hmm, if you mean the scenes that were altered to string together two episodes that had nothing in common, I see what you mean. Those would not be worth looking at all (and I've made a point of never getting those particular telemovies, just the expanded two hour episodes)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, if you mean the scenes that were altered to string together two episodes that had nothing in common, I see what you mean. Those would not be worth looking at all
Actually Eric, you need to come to FranCon and watch the Telemovies with us. Nothing beats a Wayne Rum&Coke and Mama Fran's bowl of sponges :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's also something interesting in your news item that you might have missed, David. You have the discs with standard disc art, but then there are the menus that say to flip the disc! If the discs have art, I'm guessing the "flippers" were for review copies or something.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I didn't "miss" that, Greg, I talk about it in the text. I state that the art may be just for the ad, because the menus say to flip the disc. Re-read what I wrote. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I took that to mean that you thought it might be multiple shots of disc 1, and that the other discs might actually have unique art. I'm glad, judging from your smiley, that you didn't take offense. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I took that to mean that you thought it might be multiple shots of disc 1
I state that, and then go on later to say that the facts don't add up right.

Universal is so hard to get ahold of, I doubt I'll have an answer to this until we have the actual sets in our hands.

In the meantime, no...no offense taken. It's probably my writing style. :D

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Well I guess that 35mm print I have of the 3-hour premiere is now useless :frowning:. I'll have to compare the print to the DVD and see if there are any differences.

Mike

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for bumping this thread, because I'd forgotten I was supposed to let everyone know the results of the disc art thing.

Universal themselves tell us that discs 1, 2, 3 and 6 are double sided and will therefore not include any art on the actual disc. So it makes sense that we'll see the pictured disc art on the 4th and 5th DVDs in the set.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I just browsed the whole thread, and I don't recall seeing an answer to this.

Is the separate movie release necessary if you get the box set? It sounds like the movie is just the 3 episode pilot, but it also sounds like it's widescreen on the movie only release, but full screen in the season set. Any other differences besides the fate of a certain character?

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Yeah, about 40 minutes of footage that was in the premiere movie on ABC was hacked out for the "theatrical" release with the bogus widescreen presentation. Critical scenes that give more depth to the characters are out and in the final scheme of things only one scene in the theatrical version is longer than the same scene on TV by about 55 seconds. For me, the theatrical cut is a useless presentation and since I already have a VHS version of it for the sake of having the alternate footage of Baltar's execution, there's no point in my getting any DVD version of it. Stick to the series!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks