What's new

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic...Announced! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just an FYI, Amazon.ca has the set up for preorder as an import for $112CAN with 30% off. Amazon.com doesn't list it yet.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I remember watching about half of the episodes as a kid. I was sort of interested, but that $120 MSRP has put me off.

Damn, those $60 MSRP Buffy and Angel sets have really spoiled me...

Frank@N

Screenwriter
$120 MSRP has put me off.
I have to agree; but at that MSRP, Walmart could be selling it for $98 like the Star Trek boxsets.

Maybe they'll put it on sale the first week for $89 or something.

You never really know with Walmart, when they do a sale it's better than anybody, but they don't touch allot of stuff because it's not mass market.

Who would have thought they'd be selling Dances with Wolves for $14.98 week one?

Anyway, we can hope...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Funny how in this thread, $120 is too much for BG. But in the Freaks & Geeks thread, a significant number of people say it's just fine.

I guess it's all in what you like! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How about an $83.99 pre-order right now from DVDPlanet?

If you prefer, you can do it from Amazon.CA for what works out to be $84 even based on today's exchange rate. Amazon US is $89.99, and DVDEmpire is a whopping $95.98 (which is 4 cents higher than Laser's Edge, BTW). No, it's not listed at DDD yet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Point in favor of Jeff's price: Taken and BG come out the same day (really bad move there, Universal...genre fans who might have gotten both on street date will pass on one or the other if money is an issue; they may get the other one later but your street-week revenue figures will suffer).

Taken's list price is also $119.99; Costco already has it up for pre-order at their website for $79.99. I have no doubt that BG would get sold at Costco, and at the same price point.

And, it's not unusual that either Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, or Wal-Mart beat a Costco price on first week. So one of those four chains might have it for even less!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll wait to see what the Canadian's etailers serve this up for. I've been buying my B5 boxes from DVD Soon...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
This news is about 2 weeks old, and it's in the "prepare to weep openly" thread in TV.

It's just that newswires are now picking up on it

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I had no idea that EJO was playing Adama, guess I am a fan of the old show and don't give a dam a bout the new one

:D

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
Wow so many BSG fans! Am I the only one who snatched up the new comic books done about 5 years ago? If you could only see them, they are very nicely drawn and written, will bring you right back.

I only wished I still had my BSC toys. I think they are more rare than starwars, and some were actually a lot cooler too.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from the Bits Rumor mill

Word from attendees at Comic-Con is that actor Richard Hatch let slip some details on the new Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic Series DVD. Apparently, Hatch and other actors contributed to the audio commentary track on some of the episodes. In addition, Hatch says Universal "obtained approximately 20 minutes of previously unreleased scenes from the 3-hour television version of the first episode" that is going to be added back into program for the DVD release.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks