Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sam Favate, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

D'oh!

2. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    [​IMG]

that's awesome.

3. Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell Screenwriter

Greg K.

Didn't you wonder why there were two Sharons, one on Galactica and one on Caprica?

4. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

It was clear very early on that Caprica Sharon was a Cylon. Galactica Sharon as far as I knew was a human, and the orignal after which Caprica Sharon was modeled to deceive Helo... until she (GS) started having dreams and doubting herself, then it became ambiguous. A bit more actually, I was pretty sure she was, but not 100% certain until she planted that Nuke on a base star and met dozens of her "siblings"...

--
    H

5. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Ron Moore has posted his podcast for the season 3 finale. Not much new in it. I still feel they missed the mark as far as retooling the season midstream as they did. I love where the show has been positioned but not the execution of how it was put there.

BTW, beyond all the repeating cycles theme - I question more WHY the 4 remaining Cylons started to hear Along the WatchTower rather than its actual use. How does a song become a mechanism for Cylon use and/or awareness? It still seems out of left field.

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

In the original draft, they were going to flash to Woodstock and have the four of them -- including Tigh with both eyes -- watching from the crowd. Take from that what you will.

7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate

If you're serious, which I suspect you are, it wouldn't have been accurate. Hendrix didn't play Watchtower at Woodstock, plus, since he insisted on going on last, he didn't end up playing til around 9 am Monday morning to a dwindling crowd.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...woodstock.html
    scroll down to Day 4

8. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

Who says it has to be Hendrix performing the song?

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate

The point is no one performed that song at Woodstock. Hendrix would have been most likely to, but he didn't.

10. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

To be fair, the way Moore described it, the Woodstock sequence was never scripted or shot. One of the writers came up with the idea in the room, and Moore said something to the effect of "that's a cool concept, but I don't know how that could work and I don't know what it means," and it was dropped.

11. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

Just started watching the show over with a guy who hadn't watched it before and it was like "OMG the Battlestar looks brand new" sort of forget how much it's changed over the years, and how small Colonial One is since it was to dock inside the Battlestar.

12. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Paul, I know this is way late, but I think you are confusing political ideology with totalitarianism and fascism. Totalitarians and fascists can (and have) existed on both ends of the political spectrum.

13. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Yep, this was my biggest problem with the trial. The prosecution presented unrebutted testimony that Baltar willingly signed a death warrant for over 200 civilians. That alone should have garnered a 5-0 guilty verdict.

All they had to do was show a quick scene where the prosecution cross examines Gaeta and gives the panel some reasonable doubt about Baltar's state of mind when he did sign the death warrant. Without that it looks silly that he was found not guilty.

14. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

I gotta say I am with Holadem on Lee...can't stand him. [​IMG]

His arguments at the trial did make some sense (even though allowing him to testify that way made no sense) and I found myself somewhat sympathizing with Baltar as a result.

BUT, here is what made no sense: I think we've learned by now that Lee isn't really the military type. He likes to question those in authority and the military cannot function that way.

So, having him get back in a viper at the end of the season finale felt like a major cheat to me...its clear that Lee belongs in the legal/social/political world and not in a Viper, and yet all the progress his character makes in this regard is somewhat erased when he gets back in the Viper to fight the Cylons.

15. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    ^ In all fairness, he was not ordered to the Viper. He went on his own volition. He has the combat skills and there are a limited number of combat pilots. Lee undoubtedly knew this and then jumped on board.

16. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Sure, I get that. I just wish he would realize he's not a military man. Yes, he has the training, and perhaps they needed him out there, but this was his chance to really grow as a character, and instead he is right back where he was.

17. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Considering his wife walked out on him, I wouldn't say that. [​IMG]

Sometimes, tho, when things are all over, you gotta do what you are most needed to do. If it isn't what you are best at, so what?

Jason

18. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

No, I am not confusing ideology with totalitarianism, which is why I listed the things that academics identify as characteristics of fascist regimes. Please note that very little on that list is specific to totalitarianism.

Back on topic: Arrrrrgh! Why do we have to wait so long?

19. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

20. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

Any interest in starting a "Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Anticipation Thread"?