Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sam Favate, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

Great news! Hopefully, the suits are looking to get enough seasons to sell this show to syndication. If that's the case, we could very well expect to see a season five!

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

He also spaced the captured Cylons and thus prevented total victory over the enemy and shot his wife the Cylon, basically placing her in enemy hands with a head full of highly sensitive information. If it were anybody but Adama, Helo wouldn't even still be in uniform. Given that, and given Tigh's full and enthusiastic confidence in Doc Roberts' skills, I don't think it's that huge of a stretch. At some point any man who is actually human has to say that enough is enough.

3. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    re: Helo and Adama. If anyone's listened to the podcast, RDM goes on for quite a while about a subplot that was edited out at some point in the process. Apparently, Helo, who wants to be remembered for something other than being the guy who married a Cylon, was bringing everything to Adama for a while. That's the backstory as to why Adama, Tigh and Cottle acted the way they did. I don't like it because the audience who doesn't listen to the podcast doesn't know the information, but it does make sense with the additional info.

One other thing: the human race is down to 41k and change. Every life is important, even Baltar's. Having an epidemic run through a group, like the Sagitarons-no matter what might have happened on New Caprica or Caprica itself-would be something Adama should be directly involved in.

He is charged with keeping humanity alive. Those people are part of humanity. Even two deaths is too many in their current circumstance. If Helo suspected something and took no action, the blood of anyone else who died would be on his hands and Adama would chew him out.

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Well, considering in more recent history was the fact that he offed his wife for purely personal reasons and in Adama's view, potentially endangered the fleet, I'd have to think that Helo wasn't exactly on his good side.

Not to mention that he has the opinion of two people who 1) are considered trustworthy by Adama and 2) know the doctor well enough to vouch for him, Adama didn't have much of a choice. Helo had no evidence to back up his accusations.

Jason

5. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Yep, bottle show alright, and, next weeks looks to be one too!
    Glad to see it will be back next year. However, like LOST, i hope this show doesnt overstay its welcome and go nowhere. I really want a payoff for watching this show. I dont want to see week after week of episodes like this one just to keep the thing alive. The plot points for later episodes to explore stood out more than the episode that held them together.

6. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I believe that BSG is scheduled to only go 5 season and no further. I guess they could allways wrap it up at the end of season 4 if they needed to.

7. Paul_Sjordal

There was no 5 season plan. They're going season by season.

They just recently green lit season four, but they're still arguing about how many episodes will be in season four (could be anything from 13 to 22).

8. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I realize that they just got the go ahead for season 4 but if I remember correctly. I thought that the producer said something about 5 seasons being the limit. I would not want this show to do a X Files or Stargate going on and on with no end date or no closure to the story line.

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa

I still think the show is great , but I think the writer was tighter as a 13 episode series. Other shows like the Shield, are just so much less filler as a 13 show season. You do lose standalone shows and that does give a chance to spotlight other characters like Helo and the Chief.

10. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Is it just me, or do a lot of the stand alone episodes suffer from this problem? They are based on premises that just seem to be out of left field. The most notorious example would be Lee's affair with the prostitue on Cloud Nine in "Black Market". Speaking of her, I wonder if she and her kid were blown up when that nuke went off in last season's finale.

And now I no longer care. [​IMG]

11. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Britton, I have had the same complaint for ages. Though I should be used to it by now, I thought for a while that I had missed an episode.

I have nothing against standalones. Nor do I think that every premise needs to be laid out in details. For example, I was a defender of the extremely cursory introduction of the food contamination. But some of the other stuff needs an adequate background to work.

--
    H

12. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Perhaps Tyrol was "scarred" by the entire Boomer incident, and has now retreated into a comfort zone where he runs with the crowd and spurns the outsiders?

As for Lee/Dualla, anyone else notice the shot of Starbuck's expression immediately after? Are they hinting that Starbuck might still be carrying a torch for Lee?

It was quite funny seeing, for the first time, Six 'making out' with Head Baltar, and the odd view a third party gets of it, when all along we've been seeing Baltar with his pants down when having a go with Head Six.

I was somewhat surprised at the sheer size of the Agathon's quarters. Space must be at a premium on the Galactica, yet they have such a (relatively) large room? If it's only for married couples, Starbuck is still bunking in a dorm, closing the curtains for a quick go with her husband, so that can't be it, and her rank is the same as Helo's (for that matter, she was promoted earlier so would have seniority), and I don't recall Lee and Dee having that much space either. Maybe the baby warrants extra space.

13. Adam Lenhardt

The baby, and the fact that they live together. The reason Starbuck only warrants a bunk is because Anders lives on another ship. Besides, with all of the casualties, plenty of living quarters probably opened up. It might also date back to his tenure as XO; it looks about the same time as Tigh's quarters.

14. Paul_Sjordal

I don't mind standalones if they are good or if they offer insight into a character. For all its other flaws, the Black Market episode let us see that Lee wasn't half the goody two-shoes we thought he was up to that point. The most recent standalone let us see that Helo's capable of obsession bordering on dementia, and Dee has an Uncle Tom complex.

15. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Renewed, as an FYI:

16. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    It is great to hear that it is "officially" renewed.

I hope they eventually up that 13 number to 20 episodes (or so), doing only a 13 episode season is going to make it take a lot longer to get to 100 episodes. But hearing 13 minimum is not that bad.

17. Paul_Sjordal

Hey, maybe if the season is only 13 episodes that will increase our chances of seeing a season 5. [​IMG]

18. Adam Lenhardt

Plus, Seaon One was only 13 episodes and it was the tightest, fat free season yet.[​IMG]

19. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

13 and a miniseries is a perfect out. I hope they shitcan the idea of making the mini a "backstory" thing, and instead save it for a finale. 13 episodes, and a 3 hour series finale.

20. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

The first season with it's 13 episode count and really tight writing is what hooked me on the show. Since it went to 20 episodes the writing just isn't as tight IMO.