What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I can't see it either, which is precisely why it would come as a delicious surprise if she does. Then again, he did spurn her for D'Anna....

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Better student of history than me.:) Good catch. I don't see him safe floating about the general fleet considering what he's done anyway. What do you think Baltar's Île d'Yeu will/would be?

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator

In listening to Ron Moore's podcast this episode was originally intended to be a more lighter episode with a bit of comic relief. This was how it was originally pitched to Sci Fi.

It morphed into a more darker episode.

When the Sci Fi execs saw it they were taken aback a bit since this was not what they were expecting.

It was also directed by Edward James Olmos.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The episode goes to prove that Baltar isn't an evil man, just a weak one. He's mainly motivated by his own personal survival, and has various internal defenses protecting his psyce from what he's done to insure his survival. In a way, it is sad, because you know that if he just manned up and took responsibility, he'd be all the better for it. But, Adama is right. Baltar can never do that.

Even with a trial, Baltar will continue to survive because he always knows when he's valuable, and he's valuable again because he can help them find Earth. Baltar will always find a way to survive.

Jason

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
We should be thankful Baltar never "manned up," or he'd have been killed a long time ago, and we'd have one fewer crazy person to watch every week.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Um... Why did Gaeta want to off Baltar? Please spell it out for me, I didn't quite get why the mild manered Gaeta would resort to such (premeditated even!) extremes (granted Baltar could drive a Tibetan monk to commit genocide).

I admit Gaeta as Baltar's executioner would be fitting, something about it reminds me of (Babylon 5 spoiler): Vir vs Carthagia

But I just don't quite see any justification for the character to do so now.

--
H

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If I understood RDM's podcast correctly, there was some dialogue cut regarding what could be concretely tied to Baltar. In essence, the deleted material would have Baltar directly linked to the murder of some Sagitarons (sp?) and that would springboard into a whole other plotline in the remainder of the season.

In the context of the story we see, though, Gaeta knows the things Baltar signed off on (mass murder, for one) and is the only human to have direct knowledge of these events. He was seen as a collaborator early in the year and nearly spaced...a trauma I'm sure he blames on Baltar.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Baltar could of easily just been hamming it up for the camera he knew was there though.

If Gaeta did let his guard down and engage in any of the activities we saw Batlar in you can be certain that Baltar remembers and is reminding him.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
great performances are the 'norm' on this show. i can't believe NONE of these performances are recognized WHATSOEVER by any of the award shows. not even a nom in the big categories. no emmies/no golden globe for anything, wtf?

i think this show is better than Lost, 24, and whatever is on TV right now. it's been the consistent perfomer of good TV for the new millennium!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There's no new episode this weekend, correct? No one wants to compete with some game that's on another channel.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Correct. No BSG, no Desperate Housewives, no Brothers and Sisters...Sunday night has been given to the Super Bowl. Makes sense since the game is going to bring in some ungodly number of eyeballs, leaving about three people in the country to watch other stuff. I never could see the point in wasting an episode on a night when Sci Fi KNOWS people are watching football.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Hbo does'nt give a hoot about the ratings for rome, it , like Deadwood is just another Cancelled show playing out the String.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Also, they know if anyone misses it during the Super Bowl, and is a fan, they'll just catch it later that night on another HBO channel or later in the week.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I am positive his characters future bodes well! He is one of the most popular (actor/character) on the show. Unless he just wants to leave it, i dont see him being killed off anytime soon, if ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks