What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
my $ is on starbux ;). that char. is very symbolic of the old-school BSG and we've moved waaay past that now. time to go =).

roslin+adama are 2important to kill.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My guesses

My bet is on one of the characters who will be offed as revenge.
Cassie-- for shooting Boomer and then stealing her Chief though she's more supporting cast. Roslyn -- for spacing Anders and for being President definately fits major character. Tigh -- for being such a Cylon hater in general though again he probably fits more as a 2nd tier character like Cassie. Would they dare kill one of the Adama's or Starbuck

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
You know, the actual rumor is in spoiler mode, but then there is discussion of it out in the open which basically says, A MAJOR CHARATCER IS SUPPOSED TO *** to anyone with even basic reading comprehension. I didn't read the spoilered info, but now I have this information which I'd prefer not to have.

Why put the rumor in spoilers only to speculate openly about who it will be?

It's like parents spelling out a word they don't want thier kid to know they said, but yet the kid can spell.

Please just try to be more careful of that. Or don't. Whatever.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I prolly started it all, unwittingly. I went back and spoilerized almost everything. I thought I had made it vague enough so I wouldn't be letting the provervial cat out of the bag.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

While I love 24, one problem I have regarding a sense of reality is every season they have a bad guy infiltrator in CTU. What the heck do they do for a background check, just look at 1 photo ID and hire the person?

Also hope it's not Adama, without EJO this show definitely goes downhill. It'd be like the Sopranos without JG. Or Columbo without PF. Or McCloud without DW.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I spoilerized the original report for a reason. Please keep discussion of this in spoilers.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yeah, BSG is far more dramatic than any of the nominated this year. Grey's Anatomy? puh-lease!!!!

and between 24&BSG, i'd still ch00se BSG.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I do find it absurd that one of the most critically acclaimed programs in recent years can't get an Emmy nod for best dramatic series or for any of its fine actors. But then it has two things against it: 1) it's science fiction and 2) (and this is the big one) it's not on a network.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
sam, i think it's THE best TV series in the new millennium. i can't find another TV series i luv more (The X-Files heyday was in the 90's). BSG outclasses everything in its path. the problem is access. just like Babylon5, it was very much ahead of its time but people had a hard time accessing B5 and it didn't garner any awards except Saturn (which is uber geeky awards). so BSG is relegated to the same status as SG-1, SGA and so on.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Um.

Drama series since 2000?
Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield, Rome, Carnivale, Prison Break, Studio 60, Grey's Anatomy... All shows which, at their best, are certainly as good as Galactica at its best. And Galactica has not exactly been at its best of late. IMHO.

If you're only talking about science-fiction, since 2000 so excluding Farscape, I might agree with you.

:)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
none of those compare with BSG. not even by a mile. @its worse (like XF during its heydays), it's still distances many of the other shows you've already listed.

SF is a genre better than any other genre... but hey, this is all just 1man's opinion =D. let's agree to disagree.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Greetings-

I know I am 2 years behind the curve, but with the recent release of Season 3 on DVD, I was able to finally watch the last half of Season 2.5 to avoid a long wait from a likely cliffhanger ending. And it sure was! (I don't watch cable, so this is how I watch BSG)

What an interesting assemblige of stories where we see some Colonist trying to stop the war and make peace. We see a tortured and freed Number Six and the downfall of Caine. What a uber conflict with the President and Adama going against Caine. Later we see some Cylons who have issues after they came back in Downloaded. That was interesting to see them start to think in other terms then killiing all the Humans.

And then the final 2 epsidoes, Lay Down Your Burdens went where I didn't expect. The rigged elections and the Cylons not so willing to let the humans go after all. And of course the Fleet left with their pants down.

I see in some recent posts people asking who the guy was asking for Starbuck, I was wondering too. If Leobon(Sp?) is really a Cylon, whats his angle. A changed Cylon on the human's side?

Baltar, what a fool! He played right into the Cylon plan. Though I was surprised they made him appear to be such a corrupt leader with all the women and booze and drugs. Perhaps that was the Cylon plan, but it felt like a fantasy future version of events rather then the real events on New Caprica. Looks to me that he appears to be going a similar path John Colicos characterization of Baltar will probably go and work with the Cylons.

How is Adama and Apollo going to get the forces together to save the colony on New Caprica?

I guess I'll have to start watching Season 3 now. I assume I can watch Razor at anytime now. And I forgot to mention the baby! That will be interesting to see if it's discovered and how both sides react.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I somewhat envy that you're discovering all this for the first time...

IMHO, don't watch Razor until you've finished S3, i.e. follow broadcast order. There's a minor spoiler to the end of S3 otherwise if you watch Razor first.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Shoot! I did watch Razor over the weekend. I suspect I know what the minor spoiler is to which you refer? Starbuck?

I also watched the first episode of S3. Now I see why Tigh wears an eye patch in the recent promos of S4. Another interesting show focusing on the occupation. And a good make-up job to make Apollo fat and soft!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Travis!

Man, this is going to be tough, you guys are watching S4 now. I probably won't see it for a year or more. And avoiding spoilers along the way.

I read some notions that Sci-FI might make it a half season so the remaining episodes could be used for a 5th season of shows? I know that was an unconfirmed rumor and BSG was likely going to finish it's run this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks