What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

That's Kelly. I forget his main rank but he's been on the show since the miniseries. You may remember him from X2 as Magneto's sadistic Guard in the plastic prison.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Man, I can't remember Kelly at all from the first season, and I watched all the episodes. I liked the actor, though.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Did everyone notice that the Cylons had hacked into the computers before the network plug was pulled? It was very clear the entire screen was flashing before that last connection was pulled. I assume they will use this at some point in the future.

The series is good but the reset button on the Viper and pilot count is getting really annoying. With the number they have lost so far, they should be down to about 10 total and there is no indication they can build more.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

[Feel like a broken record]: Are you sure?

I thought the producers were being pretty meticulous in tracking lost Vipers to the point of posting a running count on the Sci-Fi website. And I seem to recall Moore saying that the need for more Vipers would be a plot point at some point this season.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Regarding the Vipers:
An episode in the second season called Flight of the Phoenix will apparently feature a plot where Tyrol tries to build a Viper from scratch. So it seems like they will be running low on ships pretty soon.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Regarding running out of Viper Pilots and ships...

They are going to pump into the Pegasus too; another Battlestar so you can get more Viper pilots from there too.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, except for one thing.

The "if we can connect the FTL computer with the other computers and I'll device a software firewall, we can fix the problem in 10 minutes", and then everything was back to where it was in the beginning of the episode was way too Star Trekky for me. I wish they would have done it differently somehow.

Otherwise, excellent as usual!

/Mike

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I haven't been counting, but I certainly haven't observed that Vipers seem to be growing on trees (as it were). If the producers say they're keeping count, I'll believe them.

At least it's not like Voyager and its endless supply of shuttlecraft.

Good episode. I'm looking forward to the new season.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

I'm positive that he's in the mini-series but I can't remember him in any of the season 1 eps. I guess they didnt need his character till now.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

He also is the one that thanks Bill Adama in the hall way at the beginning of the miniseries. A pleasure to serve under him ... et al ...

Regards

Nick_Scott

Second Unit

Not endless.. they would either go back in time, or to another "dimension" to fix holes in the story...

THANKFULLY BSG has stayed FAR away from there plot issues.

Nick

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It does seem like they've lost a lot of vipers and yet continue to have a good number, (maybe not plenty). But if they start talking about it and building new ones soon, that would be an improvement.

This is an interesting point. Now to me, it looked like they got disconnected in time. I think the screen was flashing because the coordinates had been determined. But I got to thinking.

1. After the last season finale, some here thought it looked like Gaeta may have given Boomer the gun to shoot Adama. I could never decide conclusively on this.

2. Now we hear that Gaeta was the one responsible for sending the updated jump coordinates to the fleet. But he didn't, assumingly due to the heat of the moment.

3. But then, Gaeta is the one who quickly suggests tying the computers into a network, which the Cylons could attack.

So it seems that perhaps Gaeta is also a Cylon or they are just trying to make us think this may be the case.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Gaita also gives some very interesting looks into the mirror in last week's episodes...some "who am I" kind of looks.

So who do you think was shooting at the Chief, et al, on Kobol?

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey

I was taping at the time so I went back and looked very carefully at the screen. The box that showed the calculations were done was still up (it did not flash) but the network computer column was flashing just like the other columns to indicate the Cylons had broken through the firewall.

Re: Boomer's gun. Wasn't it just her standard sidearm that all pilot's carry?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Except that the BSG now has Cylons on it, and perhaps a virus on the computers.

Regarding the hacking, any network admin with more than one brain cell would never, ever have a gateway for such a system.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The Cylon fighters on the basestar, like seeds on a strawberry (or spines on a lychee?) was pretty cool.

Well, it's unclear exactly how all that stuff ties together, and if there's a legitimate reason for it. Apparently there was a vulnerability that was exploited by the Cylons which took out the other battlestars. They might not have had the time or personnel to fix it. The 12 hours to 10 minutes thing bothered me more -- that must be some crappy nav computer. But I'm willing to give it a pass; easier when the show is good overall.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

He had just been promoted to Captain at the beginning of the miniseries. Adama was congratulating him for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks