What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
No sure if the HTF has a rule, but I think that posting spoilers the night of or just after an episode airs is a little impolite.

However, one can choose to avoid reading this thread until you see the episode.

As for discussing previews, I say those are fair game, but will excercise restraint.

What is the official stance?

I agree NOT to post any spoilers without tags regardless. (I'll even use the tags properly ;))

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

Having Adama call out the Tribunal and the Sargent-at-Arms was a clear reference to the 1954 Senate Hearings when the special Counsel to the Army, Joseph Welch, rhetorically asked Joseph McCarthy "Sir, have you no sense of decency?" When the Army turned on McCarthy, the back of that witch hunt was broken; the same happened Friday night on BG.

At least one of the scriptwriters has read a little history. :)

Roger_R

Second Unit
Quick question. I heard that some things were changed on the sci-fi versions of the episodes, mainly the introduction. Does the introduction consists of clips from the episode you're about to see? That was one of the things that bothered me the most when watching the Sky broadcasts. Every episode had an intro that pretty much spoiled what would happen in that episode.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
The only Difference in Openings of the US and UK versions is the Theme music. the UK version has some Wailing woman singing. The US version is much better.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have a theory on 6 and Baltar. And I may be reading this all wrong. But, I am starting to think that 6 maybe Baltar's conscience. Near the end of last nights episodes. Baltar said he was going to destroy his Cylon detection equipment. She threatened him not to. So I have to wonder if that she is his consciense trying to make him help because he betrayed humanity??

I was tired when I watched the episode so I may have misinterpreted what she was saying.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The biggest "trick" to the nature of SIX is whether what she tells Balter is something completely new or something that he would have figured out on his own anyway.

The Cylon detector and the nuke are things he would have figured out anyway and did. Hence the "you figure it out" comments from Six.

The PTB ... do keep us on our toes though by giving us conflicting information ... :D

This is not your father's BSG ...

I like the opening music just fine ... both the UK version and the US versions. The UK version is like some woman singing a Celtic song ... Enya like ... just don't be asking for more sound in space and ray guns.

Regards

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I think it would be best not to come here if there might be spoilers. I always wait till after.
I really enjoyed the episode Friday. Adamma is one bad ass!

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I can't agree with you more.

The "themeless" opening really blows. It adds emotion. This show has emotion, but a good soundtrack could really drive it home.

To me, it's like comparing the Star Trek: TNG opening to Enterprise. Heck, even Voyager or DS9 had better themes than this version of BSG.

I was thinking of laying down a track of Stu Phillips' original BSG them against the opening of this show to see how it would feel. For now, I just have to imagine it because I am not that motivated.

I still like the show.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I love the theme for the new show ,Like the UK one even better .Let the old theme RIP.
This new theme sets the mood perfectly IMO.

Roger_R

Second Unit
If there's one thing I didn't like about this show, it is the synthesized jungle drum themes they put all over it. If that's the best they can come up with, they should just go without any music. Hell, even I can tap the two keys on my keyboard required to produce a beat. :P

Does anyone have a recording of the US theme? I'm curious about the difference.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Count me in as one who likes the UK theme. I have seen the entire 1st season but have yet to check out the US broadcast. Do they repeat it during the week? Friday night is tough for me.

Dalton

Roger_R

Second Unit
I can make a recording of the UK theme, but I don't know how strict the moderators are about posting such things...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks