What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hurray for Ronald Moore. This show is a winner (IMHO) I've been very impressed with the writing and general tone of the show, and have thoroughly enjoyed the first season so far..

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear that the ratings are still improving after the already stellar premiere numbers. The show seems to have a lot of buzz surrounding it right now.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear of the renewal too. Ron Moore deserves the success that this show is having. He's a talented writer who doesn't seem to have been appreciated by the powers that be at Star Trek. Glad he is having his day.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

You talking only about the first season? I would say that was the case for all 5 seasons.

Looking forward to season 2. About time we got a thinking mans Sci Fi show. Not too sure how I feel about them tackling relgion during season 2. That was always the most uninteresting part to me about the early seasons of DS9.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Just wow. The character dynamics continue to surprise me. With each episode, this show becomes more unique and stands out from the pack even more. Cmdr. Adama's calm takedown of the McCarthy-eque security officer was just astoundingly good, and the deck chief's response to his officer taking the fall was equally great. The way he handled Boomer afterward was everything we could hope from a stand-up officer.

It's fascinating to see the way the Cylons are playing with Helo - and more fascinating is the fact that they would have killed him had he made the logical choice. Any one else think that they want Boomer mk2 to be impregnated by Helo?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.. interesting. I feel like I'm missing so much, yet I watched the mini-series, haven't missed an ep, there just seems to be facts i'm either forgetting or..

example:

was it previously cleared up that all boomers are cylons?

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
This is one of the best shows we've watched in a long time.

The biggest thing is, the characters are real...we're all too used to characters in TV showings doing the right thing all the time, and if they do the wrong thing, they are the bad guy, but here they are just normal people.

We enjoy Stargate, Enterprise, and the rest but we don't look forward to the next ep like we do with BSG.

I don't think this show will go on for long...3 years tops, maybe 4....I think Mr Moore has a plan too, and the story for sure has a start and an end.

I just really hope he can keep this up and knows where the story is going.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I always knew the one on the ship was a cylon.. I guess I must have forgotten about the one on Capria, I was stupidly thinking at one point they were showing us the real mccoy there.. bah, I think I forgot that from the miniseries or whatever :)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I missed the first showing and then parts of the 2nd. Can someone tell me how the President decided to announce to everyone that Cylons can look human when before, she was telling Adama that doing that was not appropriate? Did they convince her? Thanks.
-

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After the Cylon blew himself up, Adama suggested it was necessary to weed out others in they're midst. He, of course, was referring to duplicates of the two known Cylons, not a witch hunt for any and all persons.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
But I remember the President telling Adama on the phone that it would not be appropriate to notify the public. Then when I returned to the show, she was addressing the public, telling them what she told Adama shouldn't be revealed. What changed her mind? Did Adama eventually convince her? How? I didn't see that part if that's the case.
-

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode last night. Although I didn't like how it resembled the Star Trek: TNG episode called "The Drumhead", it was good. i like how Adama just called off the investigation when he realized what was happening.

It is clear that the Boomer on Caprica is a Cylon, but not clear what their intent is.

Was anyone bothered by the preview for next week's episode? I really hate Six. She is one annoying Cylon.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I did not even think that since, in my opinion, there were a lot of differences. A "Drumhead Tribunal" is typically a field expedient courts martial. The tribunal on Galactica was civilian. It seemed more of a board of inquiry. Adama gave the tribunal its power and, in a wonderful scene, shut it down hard when it became a witchhunt. The whole idea of the Cylon insider threat practically begged a story such as this.

One thing I liked is that the politics of Adama and the President are not what they appeared to be at the beginning of the series. I guess they wanted us to believe Adama to be a hard ass since he is a military man while Rosslyn, female Education minister, would be wishy-washy. Nice to see the switch with Adama's father's occupation being a civil liberties lawyer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was also a nice moment with the soldier at the door to really illustrate how respected Adama is, when he says, "Choose, son." No threat, just totally calm. And with two words, he just dominates the scene.

Considering the state of fear our own nation is in, it was a great episode on what (without getting overly political per HTF rules) has become a very divisive and central issue in our country now.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

With those two words, Adama demonstrated to the tribunal members and the misguided Sergeant who was in charge. That scene and the one where he told Starbuck to leave his cabin while she still could stand as the two most powerful scenes so far. Understated acting, to say the least.

Now I wish that this show was on a network such as HBO. BSG is an adult show that deserves more running time then the 40+ minutes we get on commercial TV. Hard to watch when all I see are commercials for SGA, which I watched; BSG, which I am watching; and SG-1, which I will watch (Don't watch the 8:00 due to Enterprise). Its Friday, we know its SCI FI Friday!

BTW, how do they measure ratings on SCI FI? With the initial broadcast of the show or some average of the broadcast and its repeats.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
They could have posted a picture of the 'Kevin Spacey' CYLON as a criminal and the dead guy's pic saying that he has an identical twin that might be aboard another ship in the fleet without getting everyone in an uproar. Or not. I think it was good that they got it out in the open but at the same time anyone of them could be a cylon. There are 12 copies and we've seen 4 of them i believe.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Can we agree to use spoiler tags for discussing the previews of the next episode? I stopped watching them because I felt they gave a bit too much away. On the flip side, we shouldn't spoilerize things from an already aired US episode. If I read this thread after an episode is aired, but before I've seen it, I know what I am getting into. Similarly, no need to spoilerize speculation about what may happen. At least that's the way I think the spoiler tags should be used. ;) Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks