What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Hey Dalton, tomorrow night, the 15th i think Si Fi is going to rebroadcast the first 5 episodes if you need, or want to see it. Roger i don't have a recording of the US theme, but the music played during the show must be the same, cause it sounds like synth jungle music to me too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I like the UK theme better, has a bit of an Enya sound. Thanks for the links Gordon. I wonder why they felt the need to change the theme for the US?

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Rick,
Thanks for the heads up. I think i will check out the US version and see if i can spot any differences between it and the UK broadcasts. Just heard the US theme, definetly prefer the UK theme.

Dalton

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ok, i am gonna dream here. I wonder if Si Fi will give us a chance to have alternate scenes, music and so on when this stuff comes to DVD. I always liked the theme to the old show, and wished they could have melded old with new like Star Trek did with the TNG. Gordon, thanks for the quote, i had no idea of the changes Si Fi wanted . Dalton, if you get a chance to see how Galactica plays on Si Fi i sure would like to hear your thoughts on music, or any other noticeable changes to the US broadcast.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Scifi shouldn't have any control over the DVD release; usually the production company handles that. In this case, that would be Sky One/Fox for the Region 2 release and NBC Universal/Universal Home Entertainment for the US release.

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
All this talk about the UK version/music etc. makes me wonder who is actually producing the show? I always thought it was being done by SciFi, but since it was all broadcast in the UK long before it aired in the US, that tells me something else is up.

Is this a BBC produced show? Is it a co-produced show? I have never seen anything online indicating this. Can anyone point me to a link?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's produced by NBC Universal (which also owns Sci-Fi), but when Sky One (ironically, owned by Fox's parent company) bought the UK broadcast rights, they paid a pretty hefty fee, enough to get them an exclusive window.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Rick - Where did you see that? It wasn't on the sci fi website. I have a friend that needs to get caught up. I'll tivo it for him, but won't be home til after 7 tonight. Do you know what time they are starting?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I saw a commercial on Si Fi that said something to the effect you can catch up on what you missed. But I also just looked on the Si Fi web site, and a weeks worth of Direct TV guide. I cant find the damn thing! Maybe it was already on? Maybe it will be on next week. Sorry to lead anyone astray, but now i cant find it.If i know Si Fi, and it has already been on they will still run the whole mess again. They never miss a trick. Shoot the mini had a run on NBC before the show started.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The curse of getting old, i guess i do good to remember when i have to show up at work. At any rate keep an eye out, i cant belive they wont show a block of them again soon. I was bad to read the Direct TV listing for this coming Friday. After seeing the preview for it, and now the blurb on Direct TV sounds like a great episode. I like #6, but wonder how long it will be before she yells, " I am not a number i am a free woman!" to paraphrase "The Prisoner".

todd s

Senior HTF Member
In the pilot. The Galactica goes to a supply depot. What did they get there?? I cannot remember.

Thanks!

John Swarce

Second Unit
IIRC, it was for ammo, as the Galactica was being decommisioned and its ammo, but not its weapons, had been removed.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks