What's new

Batman Vengeance on GCN in DD??? (1 Viewer)

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone. We all know that the GameCube can't to Dolby Digital 5.1 due to no digital output, but it can do Dolby Pro Logic 2. Well, I was at TRU looking at their games and ran across the new Batman Vengeance game for the Cube and on the back it has the Dolby Digital logo and it says that the game is in 5.1 surround. Ok, well I went over to ebgames to see what their site said and here is a link with the features of the game: Link Removed
It says, Dolby Surround 5.1 Sound featuring original music inspired by the television series.
Now I am just guessing, but is this Dolby Pro Logic 2, and if so why does the box state Dolby Digital. Just curious.
Corey

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
If you bought the Star Wars Episode 1 VHS tape to tide you over until the DVD release, go check it - that said Dolby Digital as well, even though it was quite clearly analogue Dolby Surround. It seems that Dolby is a bit too enthusiastic about the 'Digital' tag. I'd expect the same here.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed, Iain, but the 5.1 mention is interesting. I'd suggest it were a direct conversion (read missprint) from the PS2 game, though I don't believe that version has DD 5.1 does it?

Dan (UK)

PouyaG

Agent
hmmm...I may be able to answer this for you guys...just not now, my neighbor is sleeping ;)
The PS2 version does support DD 5.1 for the cut-scenes from what I have read (like Bouncer, MGS2, Klonoa).
Now, I have a GC as well as PS2...and an Onkyo 676...but since the GC only has analog outs..I dunno how I would get DD 5.1....even though it's hooked up directly to the Onkyo. I'll grab the game and test it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks