What's new

Batman TV series DVD??? (1 Viewer)

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
If Batman is eventually released, I would also like to see The Green Hornet. There were even crossover episodes of these series.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
When CBS aired the "Back to the Batcave" movie earlier this year, they featured vintage clips cut in with the new footage. All of the clips were from the feature film. What was especially bizarre was the sequence with Adam West and Julie Newmar. What do they have playing on the big-screen TV in the background? Vintage footage of Adam West as Batman with...Lee Meriwether as Catwoman!

The rights and/or licensing situation with the TV show must be a mess. If they couldn't clear it up for a major network movie, I'm not terribly optimistic there will be a DVD release of the TV series in the near future.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of which, even though Artisan *shivver* theoretically owns the rights to it, where IS the DVD of Back to the Batcave? I loved it ;)

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I missed Back to the Batcave when it aired, but I would love to see a DVD release of it. I'll second that shiver about Artisan owning it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because Fox owns both the Batman and Green Hornet shows. Most likely they're saving Hornet for the Jet Li remake

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I thought Back to the Batcave was terrific, and a perfect telling of the story behind the show. The cast, and the actors playing them in the sixties, were excellent.

I only wish that Burt Ward had dropped a few of those extra pounds for the re-union. It's a good thing the Riddler had some extra rope when he tied them to the rocket.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Because Fox owns both the Batman and Green Hornet shows. Most likely they're saving Hornet for the Jet Li remake
I'm actually more interested in Hornet than Batman, though I would probably get both.

What's the word about the GH movie? I heard something about it a couple of years ago but that was it. Jet Li is definitely involved? Is the movie a definite? The website is useless. I would love more info on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks