What's new

Batman: The Animated Series BOX SETS (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
I admire the skill that went into making Batman: Dead End, but I sure don't want to see a full length Batman movie with him fighting the Aliens and Predators. Besides, we've all been treated to Batman as he was meant to be seen. It's called the Animated Series. :)

Clint Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Britton, Your reply cannot be argued. I too do not want to see Batman fighting those Cretans again--though it was pretty damn cool. And the animated series is true to comic book form. However, if they're going to make an attempt at big screen adaptation--they should allow someone with the passion and vision like Collora has, to direct it. There's a website hosting the film for a limited time for those of you who haven't seen it. Did you know that Sandy sold his car to pay for the making of this film? I can get behind that.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It was terrific to see Bill post the news about TTA and Animaniacs, but I was confused about the fuss over B:TAS news. We've been talking about that here on HTF since July, when it and Superman:TAS sets were discussed at the San Diego Comic Con as being in-the-works. Patrick McCart passed the word on around here, as I recall.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I think everyone is excited to hear something new. A lot of people(especially at the Toon Zone forum) were originally excited when they heard the Comic-Con news. But, then nothing else was mentioned. And some people thought that Warner said something just to get people off their back. So the new news is hope that it will finally happen.

Real Name
Anthony
Don't know much about Batman TAS but these two items recently turned up as having been passed by the BBFC -

"BATMAN DVD - THE ANIMATED SERIES - EPISODE INTRODUCTIONS" 2m 58s
"BATMAN DVD - THE ANIMATED SERIES - VOICES OF GOTHAM CITY" 5m 19s

Does this mean anything to anybody ? Or did these features turn up on a selected-episode disc ?
If not, it means the set is on its way.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
As there are no animated releases in the Uk, I disappointingly think that it's going to be a release of what has been release in R1 land so far...

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
The show started as Batman. Eventually, it changed over to The Adventures of Batman & Robin. Superman had started, and so after a season, they combined the two into The New Batman Superman Adventures.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
If Tiny Toons, Animaniacs & Pinky and the Brain get full releases my life will finally be complete....
In fact, I was considering buying a DVD recorder just so I could transfer my old tapes of said shows to disc. I think I'll hold out a few months and see what happens.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
It's been awhile since we last heard any news concerning Batman: The Animated Series DVDs. Has a date been set on when the DVDs will finally be released?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If Tiny Toons, Animaniacs & Pinky and the Brain get full releases my life will finally be complete....
Man, why doesn't Taz-Mania get any love? I mean, they actually made jokes instead of just saying a celebrity's name like it was funny. They actually understood that it was the anticipation of the boulder that was funny, and not the boulder itself.

Where's the love, people?? Where's the love??

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Big news. I'll wait to be excited until I hear dates. Easy buy on the choice, probably not so easy on the wallet.

Fandom has it's cost,
Chuck

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Paul, don't take my response the wrong way. Or perhaps the problem is that I took your response the wrong way.

I took your post to be an attempt to get me to give up information that I either don't have or wouldn't admit to having (whichever you want to believe). :)

The next round of Warner announcements should happen either just before or just after the Christmas holiday. My advice is to just sit tight, because if B:TAS is announced among those, then Gord & I will be all over it.

In the meantime, though, I apologize if my response upset you. Nothing intended there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks