'Batman' Boxed Set, March 10, Burton & Schumacher

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by David Wilkins, Jan 8, 2009.

1. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

2. Dave H

Dave H Producer

You may want to buy the UK imports which are the same transfers sold individually. However, I'm trying to get confirmation there is no PAL speed-up. I've heard they are selling for $22.00 each on Amazon UK.

3. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Second Unit

Joshua
    I'm inclined to pick up the Burton films, but if they're only available in the boxed set, I may have to wait until they're released individually--I have no desire to watch Schumacher's eye candy on Blu-ray, no matter how bright and shiny they might be!

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    A big pass for me until they're available separately or at a good price from the UK (although $22 shipped isn't bad but shipping could be a deal breaker). I too am no fan of the last two films and my pocket is pretty shallow with regards to purchasing another expensive boxset.

5. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

I ordered the first 2 films on Amazon.uk.

Both discs play with no issues on my U.S. PS3.

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'll pick this set up.....even though I'm not particularly fond of 'Batman & Robin', I'll get it since I'm a completist in regards to Batman.

Bat-nipples in HD.....*shiver*.....what a scary thought. [​IMG]

7. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

I missed this when it came on DVDs so I will bet getting it. Though I wish it had a better box, rather than having the individual cases in it (I am only assuming this because of the previous release) my wish is they would do something along the lines of the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition.

8. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Supposedly they are doing a 'Matrix' type release where a stand-alone digibook of the first film only will come out a few months later in the summer. Kinda sucks for those who only want the first 2 or 3 films, but I guess that works for me since I only want the first one.

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'll pick this set up. I enjoyed them much more than these latest remakes.

10. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Gonna have to take a pass and wait for the single release of Batman when and if it comes out.

11. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

I'll pick it up if I'll ever be able to get it for under $50 until then I'll pass. I only really want the 2 Burton films. I can tolerate Batman Forever (there are some aspects I enjoyed) but not B&R - I'd certainly feel like a dope paying for it.

How irritating. [​IMG]

12. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

Except that they weren't "remakes".

13. Jonathon M

Jonathon M Stunt Coordinator

Jonathon
    okay, so the Australian/UK releases are BD-50 ports of the SD 2 disc sets.

the US release is a 5 disc set. apparently the four film discs are exactly the same globally, with the 5th disc being a digital copy of the 89 original.

I happily just purchased the original on BD two days ago, and was pretty pleased with the A/V quality. Not a striking improvement on the SD (when upscaled to 1080p), but a solid release.

I can't justify the other 3, as one of my favourite things about the original is Anton Furst's production design.

14. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Picked up Batman from Amazon.uk for $23 shipped. Never was going to pay for the box set as I have no interest in the other 3 flicks.

15. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    It's a real shame there's not going to be a day and date digibook release. I may just go with the UK editions now.

16. Mr. Film

Mr. Film Stunt Coordinator

I might end up buying these. Does anyone know if there in slimcovers? If they are then there a definete no go for me.

17. Jonathon M

Jonathon M Stunt Coordinator

Jonathon
    oh, and the australian releases (well, i assume all four, based on the batman 89 BD i have on my shelf) are the US discs. no UK (or Aus) ratings logos, just the US PG-13 and copyright text running around the edge of the disc

18. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

The individual covers are the same as the UK DVD versions - the stylized logos, not the original poster art that the US DVD versions got.

19. Mr. Film

Mr. Film Stunt Coordinator

Slimcases look horrible. I never keep any slip covers or any peice of card board because it throws off the uniform look of my collection. I don't want all of the Batman films. I want all of them besides Batman and Robin. So really I could just wait for the individual releases, which I might do. But if those come in digibooks only then I won't buy any of the Batman films. But really, Is wanting a movie in the normal, standard packaging to much to ask?

20. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Hey, remake, restart...whatever, it's a Batman movie, as were the past films, with some of the same characters, villains and story lines.